[VIDEO] Meditation - Erik Stenqvist

• 12 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      I've been playing pretty poorly today feeling a bit distracted and just targeting the wrong spots.

After few sessions like that I took a bath and then listened to this video, my mind kept wandering all over the place through out the vid but yet it helped me feel more relaxed and refreshed. I liked the feel of calm voice in the background while I'm just sitting there with my eyes closed. Kinda reminded me of how my parents used to read me books before sleep when I was a kid. :f_biggrin:

After the vid I made another session and was pretty pleased with my play, got sucked out a few times but that didn't bother me, made a good bluffcatch in a spot where normally I would've folded and oddly enough my red line was positive for a session which used to happen only when I'm A gaming.

So overall I consider it 10 minutes well spent and encourage other bootcampers to try it out.
    • serverm07
      serverm07
      Basic
      This is what I said to Erik in pm and figure I should post here also. One of my friends had a session with one of the psychology/mental guys from 2p2 and then I asked him what it was all about, what he learned/etc and we discussed a little but he also got an mp3 similar to this and he let me listen to it. And that mp3 was so similar to this, the focus and the ideas were the same.

So guys this is not something Erik just threw up together, imo it works and this is coming from a guy that didn't believe in this kind of stuff.
    • bartjuh
      bartjuh
      Bronze
      I'm gonna try this exercise every night before I go to sleep to clear my head.
      I tried it once and it is pretty relaxing.

And I'll try it in between sessions if I'm too fired up. I think it will be a good way to let go of emotions and start a new session fresh.
    • IronPumper
      IronPumper
      Coach
      Coach
      for sure very nice - but it would be even way more nice if it would b available as mp3-file.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Can sort that out, on Tuesday we will re-lease a video that comes together and explains and then give JUST the bootcampers the MP3 :)

<3
    • serverm07
      serverm07
      Basic
      Originally posted by IronPumper
      for sure very nice - but it would be even way more nice if it would b available as mp3-file.
      It is, just add him on skype and he will dropbox it to you free of charge. what a nice guy right :)
    • IronPumper
      IronPumper
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by serverm07
      Originally posted by IronPumper
      It is, just add him on skype and he will dropbox it to you free of charge. what a nice guy right :)
      thx for advice - will do this^^

also thx @pleno for responding^^
    • Kingsurprise
      Kingsurprise
      Coach
      Coach
      meditation before session is simply nuts! I do it for every session and it takes much more to get me over my tilt-treshhold :)
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      I listen to it tonight and really it's really amazing on how relax I feel. I will listen to it every day this week before starting my session and see if there is difference in my game, if i am more focused etc...

I'd love more of such content about training our mind to better focus and efficiency.

Thanks again Erik
    • ErikStenqvist
      ErikStenqvist
      Global
      Hello everyone!

I missed this thread :)

Glad you guys are liking it. Adding this to your daily routine is greatly +EV for you game. And more to come ;)

If you have specific Mindfulness questions about some struggles etc with letting go or so on. Just share it here with everyone and we'll try to figure things out.
      I'm guiding mindfulness at our local meditation group so I have experience in helping with individual hurdles etc.

Everyones practice is different but we can share and help each other.

Cheers! :s_love:
    • tadcka
      tadcka
      Black
      Cool video and sexy calm voice is perfect for clearing up our minds :D

Also I think some sounds of sea waves or smth similar on the background would do the trick, coz I searched on youtube for something like that and those sounds brought a lot of positive emotions, but ofc it might be that it just works for me, others maybe just prefer a silence :)
    • ErikStenqvist
      ErikStenqvist
      Global
      Originally posted by tadcka
      Cool video and sexy calm voice is perfect for clearing up our minds :D

Also I think some sounds of sea waves or smth similar on the background would do the trick, coz I searched on youtube for something like that and those sounds brought a lot of positive emotions, but ofc it might be that it just works for me, others maybe just prefer a silence :)
      Haha thanks! Glad you liked it.

Overcoming the weird and awkward feeling of hearing yourself guide a meditation takes some time! :)