hero (BB) ($23.92) 120bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.30, 5 players) hero is BB 5 7
      1 fold, CO raises to $0.60, 2 folds, hero raises to $2, CO calls $1.40

After Villains call his range could look like this:
      TT-66, AQs-AJs, KQs, QJs, JTs, AQo, KQo

Flop: 3 6 2 ($4.10, 2 players)
      hero bets $2.40, CO calls $2.40

He can fold some of his range + i got a GS
      He is able to float with Highcards so he could continue with something like this:
      TT-66,AQs-AJs,KQs

Turn: Q ($8.90, 2 players)
      hero bets $4.80, CO raises to $10, hero folds

He is not too showdownbound and i think he could fold all middle pairs
      since i had a straightforward image at the table.
      So there should be enough foldequity.

After his raise i have to give up since there is no FE left.

I wonder with what he can raise on the Turn since he could call 66 and ship on the river.
      Only a Backdoor flushdraw makes sense to me.
      I just thought that this small raise looks like a bluff since he can't rep much/anything.

Final Pot: $18.50
  • 3 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Chocular77,

Looking at villain's stats, the range you are assigning him is too narrow. He steal from CO 32% of the time, and continues with 70% of this range vs a 3bet. This is a 22.4% range. He has a 4bet range of 4.4%, leaving a total range of 18%. Your suggested range is a 6.49% range, he is possibly wider than you think, unless he is adjusting to you in some way.

Betting once on this texture is a disaster imo. Two barreling is fine, but seeing as villain doesn't seem to be folding much to turn bets either I'd just check/fold flop.

Given your sizing preflop your bluff needs to work around ~70% of the time preflop. Villain folds about this. Your bluff will basically be break even, which means you have the luxury of being selective about which flops you fire. Preflop 3bet is ok, but not mandatory with this type of hand vs this opponent.
    • chocular77
      chocular77
      Bronze
      Originally posted by w34z3l
      Hey Chocular77,
      He steal from CO 32% of the time, and continues with 70% of this range vs a 3bet. This is a 22.4% range.

Given your sizing preflop your bluff needs to work around ~70% of the time preflop. Villain folds about this.
      Why does he continue with 70%?
      He is folding 70%, you are saying this yourself.

I took a ~10% range and excluded the hands he would 4B for sure for value (JJ+,AK) and excluded mostly SC and small pp since i guess thats the first hands he would also rather 4b.

I guess he is not the best to barrel as you pointed out.
      But i guess i could barrel lighter with my valuehands the next time.
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey,

Sorry, I misread the stats somehow.

Obviously villain has a ((0.3 * 32) - 4betrange) percent range on flop. My bad, just a simple error.

It simply just makes it even less of a barrel spot if villain has a tighter range imo. It's not like villain even gets to the flop with a hugely wide range, so I don't even recommend you barrel that light for value.

You were bluffing preflop because he only continues with a tight-ish range. So when he calls don't try and bluff him off that range.