This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] K2

• zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      i was completely lost in this hand

villain is 38/21 AF: 1.2 so i guess some loose passive fish

otf, we are so deep, i dont know if i wanna stackoff this on the flop, so i decide to just call and play it from there

turn i was going to c/c but now he checks, which is pretty weird and fish tend to do this a lot with FH'es when there is a FD otf

so i give him a range of FD's and FH'es ott

river i kinda didnt realize there was a straight on the board, and i went for a small underbet to let him spazz his FD's etc and just call a reasonable raise

once he jams i think im dead with his AF being 1.2 and now that there is a stright i cant really call ever imo

but tbh i would probably fold here even if the river was a blank vs this sizing

iPoker - $0.20 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BB): $43.23
      UTG: $8.22
      MP: $8.00
      CO: $61.87
      BTN: $23.65
      SB: $8.25

SB posts SB $0.10, Hero posts BB $0.20

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.30) Hero has K:diamond: 2:diamond:

fold, MP raises to $0.40, CO calls $0.40, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.20

Flop: ($1.30, 3 players) 2:spade: 2:club: 4:club:
      Hero bets $0.97, MP calls $0.97, CO raises to $3.88, Hero calls $2.91, fold

Turn: ($10.03, 2 players) 6:heart:
      Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($10.03, 2 players) 5:heart:
      Hero bets $3.80, CO raises to $57.59 and is all-in, fold

CO wins $16.75
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi zumpar,

If you are going with the assumption that he is a fish, and passive at that we should absolutely look to get it in. I think he is going to overvalue his overpairs there and may even stack off with draws.

So I would 3-bet the flop to about $8-9.

As played we shouldn't underbet that river because we may induce raises but I think that check/calling to let him take a stab is better.