This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Is this a call?

• Rich552
      Rich552
      Silver
      I played this hand which im not sure about and chose to fold. Should I have called it?

Prima, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 8 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $10.15 (101.5 bb)
      BTN: $36.15 (361.5 bb)
      SB: $2.99 (29.9 bb)
      BB: $11.12 (111.2 bb)
      UTG+2: $10.56 (105.6 bb)
      Hero (MP1): $16.72 (167.2 bb)
      MP2: $12.18 (121.8 bb)
      MP3: $13.48 (134.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T T
      UTG+2 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $1.40, CO folds, BTN calls $1.40, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.00

Flop: ($4.35) A A A (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $2.20, BTN folds, Hero calls $2.20

Turn: ($8.75) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $9.88 and is all-in, Hero folds

I raised UTG with pocket TT's. I was 3bet by a loose aggressive player who 3bets 15% of his range. So I elect to call and see a flop if only for set value on a face heavy flop. This is where it gets interesting though as the flop comes up all A's. I feel I am most likely ahead in this situation judging on his stats and range which does include some Ax hand but I feel it is more likely he has small pockets or Kx hands. So I call the c-bet, then does something I should really have seen coming and shoves the turn. I just paid him to shove me!? So the question is should I call? I should also not that this guy is playing a much tighter game than his overall stats suggest and during this game only it says he 3bets more like 5% of his range which would lead me to think calling with QQ+ would be acceptable right? Could you please give me your opinion on both scenarios. Thanks (also would you have folded pre or flop?)
  • 3 replies
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      It would be important to know his VPIP/PFR, too. And how much does he 3-bet against early opener?

I think flatting is actually quite bad option here, many flops suck for you, so I'd go for 4-bet/fold here due to his high 3b percentage.

Post-flop.. I think it's hard for you to call there, even if the table is so beautiful. If he cbets too much, then I could catch here his bet and see some KQ/KJ -type of hand from time to time!

If he would be a tight guy with 5 % 3-bet range then you wouldn't have a problem post-flop, as you should fold this pre :f_cool:
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Rich,

Preflop: What do we know about MP3 and BTN? What stats do we have on them (besides MP3 3-bet stats).

As played, since there are 2 guys in the pot and we are deeper with both we can call for set value.

Postflop: Our plan should be to either just fold flop or call both streets.

We would fold against most 10nl players because few bluff on such a board or valuebet thin, especially multiway.

We would call and call versus a monkey that's super aggro.

However in both cases listed by you I fold the flop.
    • Rich552
      Rich552
      Silver
      sure, BU is fairly loose 41/17/8.8 (VPIP/PFR/3Bet), MP2 has 29/22/8.8 3bet stat is a little lower now in re-player I guess it calculated the average between the overall and current hand value at the time. He almost always double barrels something like 75% turn c-bet but the shove was indicative of a strong holding.

Thanks a lot for the advice much appreciated as always