[NL2-NL10] Is this a call?

• Rich552
      I played this hand which im not sure about and chose to fold. Should I have called it?

Prima, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 8 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $10.15 (101.5 bb)
      BTN: $36.15 (361.5 bb)
      SB: $2.99 (29.9 bb)
      BB: $11.12 (111.2 bb)
      UTG+2: $10.56 (105.6 bb)
      Hero (MP1): $16.72 (167.2 bb)
      MP2: $12.18 (121.8 bb)
      MP3: $13.48 (134.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T T
      UTG+2 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $1.40, CO folds, BTN calls $1.40, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.00

Flop: ($4.35) A A A (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $2.20, BTN folds, Hero calls $2.20

Turn: ($8.75) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $9.88 and is all-in, Hero folds

I raised UTG with pocket TT's. I was 3bet by a loose aggressive player who 3bets 15% of his range. So I elect to call and see a flop if only for set value on a face heavy flop. This is where it gets interesting though as the flop comes up all A's. I feel I am most likely ahead in this situation judging on his stats and range which does include some Ax hand but I feel it is more likely he has small pockets or Kx hands. So I call the c-bet, then does something I should really have seen coming and shoves the turn. I just paid him to shove me!? So the question is should I call? I should also not that this guy is playing a much tighter game than his overall stats suggest and during this game only it says he 3bets more like 5% of his range which would lead me to think calling with QQ+ would be acceptable right? Could you please give me your opinion on both scenarios. Thanks (also would you have folded pre or flop?)
  • 3 replies
    • CPallo
      It would be important to know his VPIP/PFR, too. And how much does he 3-bet against early opener?

I think flatting is actually quite bad option here, many flops suck for you, so I'd go for 4-bet/fold here due to his high 3b percentage.

Post-flop.. I think it's hard for you to call there, even if the table is so beautiful. If he cbets too much, then I could catch here his bet and see some KQ/KJ -type of hand from time to time!

If he would be a tight guy with 5 % 3-bet range then you wouldn't have a problem post-flop, as you should fold this pre :f_cool:
    • BogdanPS
      Hi Rich,

Preflop: What do we know about MP3 and BTN? What stats do we have on them (besides MP3 3-bet stats).

As played, since there are 2 guys in the pot and we are deeper with both we can call for set value.

Postflop: Our plan should be to either just fold flop or call both streets.

We would fold against most 10nl players because few bluff on such a board or valuebet thin, especially multiway.

We would call and call versus a monkey that's super aggro.

However in both cases listed by you I fold the flop.
    • Rich552
      sure, BU is fairly loose 41/17/8.8 (VPIP/PFR/3Bet), MP2 has 29/22/8.8 3bet stat is a little lower now in re-player I guess it calculated the average between the overall and current hand value at the time. He almost always double barrels something like 75% turn c-bet but the shove was indicative of a strong holding.

Thanks a lot for the advice much appreciated as always