This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] 77 turn'd boat

• gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      Prima, $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BTN): $42.47 (212.4 bb)
      SB: $20 (100 bb)
      BB: $11.99 (60 bb)
      UTG: $20 (100 bb)
      MP: $24.20 (121 bb)
      CO: $17.30 (86.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 7 7
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.40, CO folds, Hero raises to $1, SB folds, BB calls $0.80, MP calls $0.60

Flop: ($3.10) 2 T 2 (3 players)
      BB checks, MP checks, Hero bets $1.60, BB folds, MP calls $1.60

Turn: ($6.30) 7 (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero bets $6, MP raises to $12, Hero calls $6

River: ($30.30) 8 (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero bets $10, MP calls $9.60 and is all-in

PRE: I dont like flatting a minraise esp on the button, just feels like im basically limping, we have position, lets take initiative :D

FLOP: Pretty much a one and done here, no reads on villains so not sure of there float %. What about planning to barrel any broadway turn? probably spew ITLR

TURN: not sure about betsizing here: I chose pot to setup for stackoff on river. not much we can get value from 2x(if its in his range) and mostly Tx.

When he minraises, I chose to flat call for 2 reasons:

We have postion, so we can always get AI on river

If we RR we fold out his bluffs that could, bluff jam the river.
  • 3 replies
    • zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      just get it in on the turn before any scarecards for Tx range hit .... he is not folding a T, 2 and overpair anyways
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by zumpar
      just get it in on the turn before any scarecards for Tx range hit .... he is not folding a T, 2 and overpair anyways
      Thankyou! I was thinking to much about keeping his bluffing range in :facepalm: , didn't even think of scare cards for him.
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Gxtwo,

77 is borderline hand. The standard is just to flat, encourage a multiway pot, and hope to hit a set. I would especially tend towards this option if open raiser looks decent (min-raise doesn't automatically equal bad). If open-raiser looks fishy iso-ing is fine. And I like the sizing.

Flop - it's not really a bluff, it's a bet for protection. You should bet as small as you can get away with in these spots, especially multiway. $1.10 is fine, see if you can get a call from AJo somehow. 88+, Tx is never folding anyway.

Normally I'd give up on turn unimproved....but the larger you bet the flop, the bigger a turn spew is. If you bet really small on the flop you are encouraging a wider range to get to the turn.

When you spike a 7, your bet size is good because you have <pot-size-bet on river. When villain raises.....not convinced there is a huge difference in EV between flatting and jamming, villain looks pretty committed. Either is fine.