[NL20-NL50] 77 turn'd boat

• gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      Prima, $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BTN): $42.47 (212.4 bb)
      SB: $20 (100 bb)
      BB: $11.99 (60 bb)
      UTG: $20 (100 bb)
      MP: $24.20 (121 bb)
      CO: $17.30 (86.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 7 7
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.40, CO folds, Hero raises to $1, SB folds, BB calls $0.80, MP calls $0.60

Flop: ($3.10) 2 T 2 (3 players)
      BB checks, MP checks, Hero bets $1.60, BB folds, MP calls $1.60

Turn: ($6.30) 7 (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero bets $6, MP raises to $12, Hero calls $6

River: ($30.30) 8 (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero bets $10, MP calls $9.60 and is all-in

PRE: I dont like flatting a minraise esp on the button, just feels like im basically limping, we have position, lets take initiative :D

FLOP: Pretty much a one and done here, no reads on villains so not sure of there float %. What about planning to barrel any broadway turn? probably spew ITLR

TURN: not sure about betsizing here: I chose pot to setup for stackoff on river. not much we can get value from 2x(if its in his range) and mostly Tx.

When he minraises, I chose to flat call for 2 reasons:

We have postion, so we can always get AI on river

If we RR we fold out his bluffs that could, bluff jam the river.
  • 3 replies
    • zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      just get it in on the turn before any scarecards for Tx range hit .... he is not folding a T, 2 and overpair anyways
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by zumpar
      just get it in on the turn before any scarecards for Tx range hit .... he is not folding a T, 2 and overpair anyways
      Thankyou! I was thinking to much about keeping his bluffing range in :facepalm: , didn't even think of scare cards for him.
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Gxtwo,

77 is borderline hand. The standard is just to flat, encourage a multiway pot, and hope to hit a set. I would especially tend towards this option if open raiser looks decent (min-raise doesn't automatically equal bad). If open-raiser looks fishy iso-ing is fine. And I like the sizing.

Flop - it's not really a bluff, it's a bet for protection. You should bet as small as you can get away with in these spots, especially multiway. $1.10 is fine, see if you can get a call from AJo somehow. 88+, Tx is never folding anyway.

Normally I'd give up on turn unimproved....but the larger you bet the flop, the bigger a turn spew is. If you bet really small on the flop you are encouraging a wider range to get to the turn.

When you spike a 7, your bet size is good because you have <pot-size-bet on river. When villain raises.....not convinced there is a huge difference in EV between flatting and jamming, villain looks pretty committed. Either is fine.