This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH QJo 3bet

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($33.19)
      BB ($19.80)
      UTG ($20.60)
      CO ($22.60)
      BTN ($49.44)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: J:diamond:

fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.80, Hero raises to $2.60, BB calls $2.40, fold

FLOP ($6) 7:spade: K:diamond: 6:diamond:

Hero bets $3, BB calls $3

TURN ($12) 7:spade: K:diamond: 6:diamond: K:spade:

Hero checks, BB bets $3, Hero folds

BB wins $11.40

BTN:

note:
      open to 5bb w QJo

BB: 56/23 39h

I was thinking I am 3beting for value, but now I think when we are that deep, I need to just call. I have heard when stacks are deep - 3bet less OOP.

Is my cbet ok on the flop? NOt sure what range to assign for him, but migth be wide I guess, so he can be having various suited connectors, Kx. So could be not a good cbet.
  • 2 replies
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      what is button opening range like? to 3bet JQo for value u need his hand range to be like >75% and a wide calling vs 3bet range.

I think BB cold calling range has alot of suited connectors and broadways like TJ AT QT, suited aces A5s A9s that could fold so i like the bet on the flop. the K does hit his cold calling range but i think we still have fold equity since hes so wide.

the card on the turn however does not change anything and whatever would have called u on the flop like FD or top pair or middle pair or GS or OESS is not folding so i like a check fold here

cgf
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      what is button opening range like? to 3bet JQo for value u need his hand range to be like >75% and a wide calling vs 3bet range.

BTN steals 87 and so far calls a lot. So requirements are met as I understand.