Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($33.19)
      BB ($19.80)
      UTG ($20.60)
      CO ($22.60)
      BTN ($49.44)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: J:diamond:

fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.80, Hero raises to $2.60, BB calls $2.40, fold

FLOP ($6) 7:spade: K:diamond: 6:diamond:

Hero bets $3, BB calls $3

TURN ($12) 7:spade: K:diamond: 6:diamond: K:spade:

Hero checks, BB bets $3, Hero folds

BB wins $11.40

BTN:

note:
      open to 5bb w QJo

BB: 56/23 39h

I was thinking I am 3beting for value, but now I think when we are that deep, I need to just call. I have heard when stacks are deep - 3bet less OOP.

Is my cbet ok on the flop? NOt sure what range to assign for him, but migth be wide I guess, so he can be having various suited connectors, Kx. So could be not a good cbet.
  • 2 replies
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      what is button opening range like? to 3bet JQo for value u need his hand range to be like >75% and a wide calling vs 3bet range.

I think BB cold calling range has alot of suited connectors and broadways like TJ AT QT, suited aces A5s A9s that could fold so i like the bet on the flop. the K does hit his cold calling range but i think we still have fold equity since hes so wide.

the card on the turn however does not change anything and whatever would have called u on the flop like FD or top pair or middle pair or GS or OESS is not folding so i like a check fold here

cgf
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      what is button opening range like? to 3bet JQo for value u need his hand range to be like >75% and a wide calling vs 3bet range.

BTN steals 87 and so far calls a lot. So requirements are met as I understand.