Pokerstars $/FPP (chart inside)

• brian997
      brian997
      Bronze
      I posted this in my blog but figured I'd post it here too, just for peoples info.

For all those interested. I whipped up a little chart of FPP vs $ for PokerStars.

A few notes about this chart.
      • All prices are in Canadian $.
      • The last column is $/FPP in CENTS!
      • The chip set prices are from pokerchips.com
      • The prices of the xbox, wii, and ps3 are based off canadian msrp.
      • The concierge service is based of the minimum values they quoted (so this may be different depending on the value of the item you want)
      • For the 70FPP and 210FPP, the $ value is based of pure mathematics, not skill.
        So the 70FPP tourny is a 10 seat, 1 winner (thus 10% chance, so $11*0.10=$1.1)
        The 210FPP tourny is a 20 seat, 6 winner (thus 30% chance, so $11*0.30=$3.30)
        So to decide between the two should depend on skill. If you are good at tournies, but suck at HU or short handed play, pick the 210 FPP tournies. If you are good at the short handed play, but bad at the opening of a tourny, pick the 70FPP tourny since it becomes short handed very quickly.

• I did not include the values for the other electronics, many of them are worth much less than 1.6 cents per FPP, so its not worth it! Just buy a gift card then get it from a local store! Not a single piece of electronics was worth more than 1.6 cents. The closest was the 20" monitor at 1.58 cents/FPP.
      • The value of the porsche was 85,000 which is the CAD value for the car. Note that in the US the value is much less, so the $/FPP may not be the same.
  • 94 replies
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Nice
    • TimothyVdp1
      TimothyVdp1
      Bronze
      nice!!
      1CAD~=1USD?
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      So everything with a $/FPP higher than 1 is profitable?
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Very nice brian! It's just shame that this doesn't help me as much, because I'm from Europe and prices are bigger here :)
      So anything except prize money (or tourney ticket) has even worse ratio :)

Very nice job, tho!
    • bckdrflush
      bckdrflush
      Bronze
      when you add in the implied value of cashing in 10-20% of tourneys, I think it's more than that - of course, the porsche would be better ;) (maybe it's with zero options or something, the value seems out of whack.)

Cash bonus looks good to me also, someone remarked it wasn't a great deal? I think 50$ a shot is pretty good if you can BRM it into $100 or more.
    • brian997
      brian997
      Bronze
      my personal recommendations. Don't settle for anything valued at less than 1.6 cents/FPP.

And yes, when you factor in a better win ratio on the 70FPP and 210FPP tournies, they quickly become the best option!
      Personally, I have the patience to play the opening stages of a tourny, so the 210FPP are my best shot.

and btw to everyone who doesn't know already, when you qualify for the tournament, you can then unregister and get the T$ which can then be sold for 97% for their value. Or just keep them and use them :P

Yes, 1$CAD~=1$USD
    • brian997
      brian997
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DeKuip
      So everything with a $/FPP higher than 1 is profitable?
      they are all 'profitable' since its free :P
      Just some are better than others. Obviously the porsche is the best deal, haha but it depends on how many FPPs you have :P
    • bckdrflush
      bckdrflush
      Bronze
      Originally posted by brian997

and btw to everyone who doesn't know already, when you qualify for the tournament, you can then unregister and get the T$ which can then be sold for 97% for their value. Or just keep them and use them :P

Yes, 1$CAD~=1$USD
      Are you sure that you can unregister for tourney $ or which 70, and 210 fpp tourneys do you mean? it says the prize for the 70fpp 10man SnG satellite to $200k is 700fpp, wouldn't you just get back the 700fpp for unregistering? Have you done it yet?

The 210 20man satellite has 6prizes of 700fpp. That looks like the best option to me also, even though the buyin is 3x the 70fpp one, there's 6 times the chances to win.

Say your ITM is about 40% for a 9man SnG, then for a 10man tourney with mostly players down to fpp and no cash = donkament, it shouldn't be much different, and maybe more.

Question is, do you get auto registered and unregistering gives you tourney$ and not fpp in return?? If so, it beats all the options available by far. I just hope I don't start to see all ps.com players showing up for the same reason :)

Update: I just went on a tourney and asked the players there, they also confirmed you get tourney $!! Can anyone good with math figure out the $ rate for FPP with a 20%ITM (at a minimum) and 40% (at a maximum)?
    • brian997
      brian997
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bckdrflush
      Question is, do you get auto registered and unregistering gives you tourney$ and not fpp in return?? If so, it beats all the options available by far. I just hope I don't start to see all ps.com players showing up for the same reason :)
      Yes you get auto registered so you can just withdraw :)
      BUT I should make this clear this is only for the 70FPP and 210FPP tournies! If you buyin using the 13500FPP ticket, you are stuck with that ticket, its non-transferable!

Well with a 70FPP tourny starting every 15 minutes or so, it won't be a big deal if PS.com knows about it :P
    • brian997
      brian997
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bckdrflush
      Update: I just went on a tourney and asked the players there, they also confirmed you get tourney $!! Can anyone good with math figure out the $ rate for FPP with a 20%ITM (at a minimum) and 40% (at a maximum)?
      Yes:
      70 FPP tournament:

210 FPP tournament:
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      A sng player should be finishing in the top 6 (210 fpp) atleast 65% imo, they are so weak.
    • arjun2001
      arjun2001
      Bronze
      Dude thanks a lot for this! :) Plus I am from canada so it makes it even easier....... :)

What about 10 fpp freerolls? Is there any maths for that?
    • brian997
      brian997
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cannell555
      A sng player should be finishing in the top 6 (210 fpp) atleast 65% imo, they are so weak.
      yes I agree :P
    • brian997
      brian997
      Bronze
      Originally posted by arjun2001
      What about 10 fpp freerolls? Is there any maths for that?
      They have those?
      I don't play stars yet so I didn't know that haha
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Why I can't find those 70 and 210FPP SNGs?
    • TimothyVdp1
      TimothyVdp1
      Bronze
      under sit en go's - sattelites
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Oh, I get it... You "only" get a ticket which you have to sell it then...
    • brian997
      brian997
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CoreySteel
      Oh, I get it... You "only" get a ticket which you have to sell it then...
      Yes :)
      The top sites allow you to sell for 97%
      http://www.buyorsellchips.com/ is the best rate I've seen
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Sorry because of so many question, but this is the last one from me :D
      So if I end once every 10 times at least 6th in 210FPP tourney (ROI 10%?) I'm "breakeven"?