Hero (UTG) ($10.15) 102bb
      UTG+1 ($22.53) 225bb
      CO ($14.83) 148bb
      BTN ($4) 40bb
      SB ($10) 100bb
      BB ($17.30) 173bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) Hero is UTG A:club: 7:club:
      Hero raises to $0.30, UTG+1 calls $0.30, 3 folds, BB calls $0.20

Flop: A:heart: 2:spade: 3:club: ($0.95, 3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.64, UTG+1 calls $0.64, BB folds

Turn: 5:spade: ($2.23, 2 players)
      Hero bets $1.49, UTG+1 calls $1.49

River: 7:heart: ($5.21, 2 players)
      Hero bets $3.49, UTG+1 folds

UTG open A7s too loose?
      2nd barrel fine or not?
  • 5 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Cuvash,

Open-raise is borderline. It's fine to fold preflop. If there are fish in the blinds, or tight players in position on you then opening is fine. As standard I recommend you fold preflop.

Cbet flop is fine, especially if villain has a low Ftcbet.

Barreling the turn for value is likely going to be too thin because of your kicker. Check/call might be an ok line to take if villain has a low Ftcbet flop: likes to float flops + bluff turns, but this is a little less when opponent is in MP. I'd either check/call or check/fold depending on the opponent.

River value bet might be ok from stuff like AQ, but it looks pretty scary when you bet turn + river on 4-to-straight board. I recommend you bet the river smaller here if you want to extract value, maybe $2 or so.
    • Cuvash
      Cuvash
      Bronze
      Originally posted by w34z3l
      Hey Cuvash,

Open-raise is borderline. It's fine to fold preflop. If there are fish in the blinds, or tight players in position on you then opening is fine. As standard I recommend you fold preflop.

Cbet flop is fine, especially if villain has a low Ftcbet.

Barreling the turn for value is likely going to be too thin because of your kicker. Check/call might be an ok line to take if villain has a low Ftcbet flop: likes to float flops + bluff turns, but this is a little less when opponent is in MP. I'd either check/call or check/fold depending on the opponent.

River value bet might be ok from stuff like AQ, but it looks pretty scary when you bet turn + river on 4-to-straight board. I recommend you bet the river smaller here if you want to extract value, maybe $2 or so.
      So that means that i can bet river as value bet even with my low kicker. If he have low cbet% fold and high turn bluff %?
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by Cuvash
      So that means that i can bet river as value bet even with my low kicker. If he have low cbet% fold and high turn bluff %?
      Did you realise you spiked 2 pair on the river? If you didn't hit a 7 you can never value bet river, you'd be turning your hand into a bluff.
    • Cuvash
      Cuvash
      Bronze
      Originally posted by w34z3l
      Did you realise you spiked 2 pair on the river? If you didn't hit a 7 you can never value bet river, you'd be turning your hand into a bluff.
      Oh yeah im really sorry i didnt see that, lol. That makes sense! :D
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Oh yeah im really sorry i didnt see that, lol. That makes sense! :D
      hehe, ok :D