This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10: A7s

• Cuvash
      Cuvash
      Bronze
      $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      Hero (UTG) ($10.15) 102bb
      UTG+1 ($22.53) 225bb
      CO ($14.83) 148bb
      BTN ($4) 40bb
      SB ($10) 100bb
      BB ($17.30) 173bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) Hero is UTG A:club: 7:club:
      Hero raises to $0.30, UTG+1 calls $0.30, 3 folds, BB calls $0.20

Flop: A:heart: 2:spade: 3:club: ($0.95, 3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.64, UTG+1 calls $0.64, BB folds

Turn: 5:spade: ($2.23, 2 players)
      Hero bets $1.49, UTG+1 calls $1.49

River: 7:heart: ($5.21, 2 players)
      Hero bets $3.49, UTG+1 folds

UTG open A7s too loose?
      2nd barrel fine or not?
  • 5 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Cuvash,

Open-raise is borderline. It's fine to fold preflop. If there are fish in the blinds, or tight players in position on you then opening is fine. As standard I recommend you fold preflop.

Cbet flop is fine, especially if villain has a low Ftcbet.

Barreling the turn for value is likely going to be too thin because of your kicker. Check/call might be an ok line to take if villain has a low Ftcbet flop: likes to float flops + bluff turns, but this is a little less when opponent is in MP. I'd either check/call or check/fold depending on the opponent.

River value bet might be ok from stuff like AQ, but it looks pretty scary when you bet turn + river on 4-to-straight board. I recommend you bet the river smaller here if you want to extract value, maybe $2 or so.
    • Cuvash
      Cuvash
      Bronze
      Originally posted by w34z3l
      Hey Cuvash,

Open-raise is borderline. It's fine to fold preflop. If there are fish in the blinds, or tight players in position on you then opening is fine. As standard I recommend you fold preflop.

Cbet flop is fine, especially if villain has a low Ftcbet.

Barreling the turn for value is likely going to be too thin because of your kicker. Check/call might be an ok line to take if villain has a low Ftcbet flop: likes to float flops + bluff turns, but this is a little less when opponent is in MP. I'd either check/call or check/fold depending on the opponent.

River value bet might be ok from stuff like AQ, but it looks pretty scary when you bet turn + river on 4-to-straight board. I recommend you bet the river smaller here if you want to extract value, maybe $2 or so.
      So that means that i can bet river as value bet even with my low kicker. If he have low cbet% fold and high turn bluff %?
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by Cuvash
      So that means that i can bet river as value bet even with my low kicker. If he have low cbet% fold and high turn bluff %?
      Did you realise you spiked 2 pair on the river? If you didn't hit a 7 you can never value bet river, you'd be turning your hand into a bluff.
    • Cuvash
      Cuvash
      Bronze
      Originally posted by w34z3l
      Did you realise you spiked 2 pair on the river? If you didn't hit a 7 you can never value bet river, you'd be turning your hand into a bluff.
      Oh yeah im really sorry i didnt see that, lol. That makes sense! :D
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Oh yeah im really sorry i didnt see that, lol. That makes sense! :D
      hehe, ok :D