NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($16.44)
      BB ($2.85)
      UTG ($41.65)
      UTG+1 ($37.46)
      Hero ($22.06)
      BTN ($23.37)

Dealt to Hero 9:club: 8:club:

UTG calls $0.20, UTG+1 raises to $0.70, Hero raises to $2.20, fold, fold, fold, fold, UTG+1 calls $1.50

FLOP ($4.90) 5:spade: K:heart: 2:spade:

UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $2.50, UTG+1 calls $2.50

TURN ($9.90) 5:spade: K:heart: 2:spade: A:heart:

UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $5, UTG+1 raises to $32.76 (AI), Hero folds

UTG+1 wins $18.91

UTG: 75/8 fish

raise vs 1/2 cbet IP Txx w A high vs fish 3x, bet 2/3 turn, bet 2/3 T river - BLUFFFER

he was really attacking the UTG fish, isolating him a lot so I needed to fight back. I was not sure if this players is good or not, interesting thing that he 3 barreled blfuf vs fish.

Also he called OOP 1 or 2 times before. For example board was A88 and he folded to cbet OOP in 3bet pot. So I assumed I can 3bet IP and make him fold postflop, because he is likely calling wide OOP vs 3bets.

Flop no equity, but still I have to cbet I guess. But not sure if I get enough fold equity. WIth underpairs he might be calling if he called vs 3bet with them.

So for that reason I tried to bluff turn to fold his underpairs. On the other hand - this turn also hits him well, but he should not be having Ax when he called flop. AK probably would 4bet preflop, so no Ax.
  • 2 replies
    • cutegoldfish
      i think its a fold pre flop. his low fold to 3bet shows that hes calling majority of his hands he raised with and they are all better than 89s and we have no fold equity.

as played on the flop ill check because he does not fold to CB. his fold in 3betpot which u mentioned actually happens more often than his stats show on an A88 board because he has less draws for example KQ or QJ cannot draw to a top pair but if the board was 288 he can draw to 6 overcards.

as played on the turn ill still check and give up i think the A hits his range pretty strongly.

if you wanted to fight back you should be raising for thin value against him since we know hes calling everything he raised with. for example i would raise AJ and KQ for value against him.

• SPeedFANat1c
      for example i would raise AJ and KQ for value against him.

I raise them easily vs him, but I think its not the bottom. Otherwise if I fold everything else - will the blinds not eat me out too much?

For example from another hand from similar situation:

NL20 SH K8o loose call vs BTN raise

3-bet range versus someone like him depends on his calling range and here it is huge so I'd probably 3-bet: AT+, 88+, All suited broadways, big offsuite broadways, some bigger suited connectors.

So as I understand even OOP Bogdan suggested 3beting even big suited connectors. 98s is one of the biggest suited connectors.

The difference is that he does not fold to cbets. So that probalby is the main reason play tight and wait for nuts.

Could be that in game I had less stats on how does he fodls to cbets,so hard to tell exactly if I so what we see now.