This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL20 Q8s 3handed in SB

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($20)
      BB ($55.42)
      BTN ($20)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: 8:club:

BTN raises to $0.80, Hero raises to $2.60, fold, BTN calls $1.80

FLOP ($5.40) 7:spade: 9:club: K:club:

Hero bets $2.90, BTN calls $2.90

TURN ($11.20) 7:spade: 9:club: K:club: 6:heart:

Hero bets $5.80, BTN folds

Hero shows Q:club: 8:club:

Hero wins $10.64

52/35, steal about 80, about 30h
      note:
      saw I think once that he called flop and folded turn in 3bet pot so he can be calling wide.

have to 3bet semibluff this I guess. Cannot call OOP - too weak kicker, not knowing much about this oponent yet.

He can be calling with 2nd pairs and I got more outs so bet the turn again.
  • 1 reply
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      i think its fine to 3bet Q8s as a default against a wide open range of 80% with unknown fold to 3bet. when in doubt taking the aggressive line is good because we have fold equity. of course we can also fold its an ok option too.

i think i would bet the turn bigger like 10 dollars for maximum fold equity. We have FD + OESD and are going in if he raises us so i think betting as big as possible here helps to fold out more hands like AJ or AQ or 9T that can find excuses to call.

cgf