UTG: $3.63
      MP: $2.78
      CO: $5.11
      BTN: $5.00

SB posts SB $0.02, Hero posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has J:spade: A:heart:

fold, fold, CO raises to $0.12, BTN calls $0.12, fold, Hero calls $0.07

Flop: ($0.38, 3 players) T:heart: J:diamond: T:spade:
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.22, BTN calls $0.22, Hero raises to $1.00, fold, BTN calls $0.78

Turn: ($2.60, 2 players) A:spade:
      Hero bets $1.40, BTN calls $1.40

River: ($5.40, 2 players) 8:spade:
      Hero bets $2.87 and is all-in, BTN calls $2.48 and is all-in

Hero shows J:spade: A:heart: (Two Pair, Aces and Jacks) (Pre 59%, Flop 60%, Turn 68%)
      BTN shows Q:spade: 9:spade: (Flush, Ace High) (Pre 41%, Flop 40%, Turn 32%)
      BTN wins $9.67

CO is fish with 46/30 who likes to bluff sometimes.
      BTN is breakeven regular with these stats:
      20/17, 3B 8, AF 5, WtS 20 (16/82) [623 hands]

Flop:
      I did check-raise because I wanted CO to bluff + if he has something like JQ, JK by check-raising I will get stacks all-in by river.

Turn:
      CO had nothing and folded. BTN called, I put him on JQ, JK; was quite sure he would me 3-bet with any Tx, because of high AF and also he is playing ~ 6 tables.
      I bet ~ 1/2 pot because I think bigger bet would only make worse (JQ, JK) fold, which I don't want.

River:
      I think going all-in is bad. I should have checked.

Comments welcome!
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: Calling here is a huge mistake. This is a very easy squeeze spot. We want to isolate one opponent and play a pot heads up. AJo plays very poorly in multi-way situations without the initiative and we don't even get to flop good pairs.

As played,

Flop: C/c is the best line. c/r is definitely overplay (you rep TX here and not many worse hands will continue).

Turn: This is not exactly a great card. Now we lose to KQ, and stuff like KJ/QJ/J9 may now fold the Turn. Not saying we should check, but the situation just gets a lot worse for us and we shouldn't have put ourselves in this situation in the first place.

River: I don't see how we have any value from worse now. He is always going to fold JX here, maybe he somehow calls AK/AQ vs your flop raise but I don't think that is too likely. We lose to TX and flushes and straights now.

Thanks.
    • Apurvam
      Apurvam
      Basic
      Ohh, I have to agree, I played bad that hand...

Squeeze. How big would we bet? Why?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      General rule of thumb is 4X with 1 raiser and 1 caller, maybe 5X with 1 raiser and 2 callers.

So here we can make it 50cents.