This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl2 Aa #1

• redrawstump
      redrawstump
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

I've just started using Poker Tracker on trial - gonna try this and HM to see which I prefer. In 4k hands I've had AA 14 times and managed to lose $3.33 (167 BBs)! I'm gonna post all the big losses and would appreciate any tips (not going to bother with the ones that didn't see a flop).

PS Zoom NL2. This one just happened. Gross flop but I have to bet I think. Not sure if turn is chk/fold or bet/fold, I went for the aggressive option :D . River is definite chk/fold. Grr.

PokerStars - $0.02 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 109.5 BB
      SB: 212 BB
      Hero (BB): 102 BB
      UTG: 314.5 BB
      MP: 129.5 BB
      CO: 76 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A:spade: A:heart:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to 3 BB, fold, Hero raises to 9 BB, BTN calls 6 BB

Flop: (18.5 BB, 2 players) J:club: T:heart: 9:diamond:
      Hero bets 12 BB, BTN calls 12 BB

Turn: (42.5 BB, 2 players) K:heart:
      Hero bets 20 BB, BTN calls 20 BB

River: (82.5 BB, 2 players) 5:heart:
      Hero checks, BTN bets 68.5 BB and is all-in, fold

BTN wins 79.5 BB

Thanks for yr help, more cracked AAs to follow...
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: Make it larger, to 10 or 11bb

Flop: Vs a good player i will check cos this flop completely sucks. At NL2 where players are just bad and passive in general, i think bet/fold is your best play. And I will keep firing Turn and c/c blank runouts on the River.

Turn: Just give up the Turn, you are completely crushed here by his calling range. He is going to have AQ/KQ/sets/two pairs 80-90% of the time, and he basically folds everything that you beat.

Thanks.