[NL2-NL10] nl5 AT

• DrRaab
      DrRaab
      Bronze
      IPoker, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $4.86 (97.2 bb)
      UTG: $5.15 (103 bb)
      MP: $5.77 (115.4 bb)
      CO: $5.75 (115 bb)
      BTN: $2.62 (52.4 bb)
      Hero (SB): $5.02 (100.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T A
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.15, BTN folds, Hero raises to $0.40, BB folds, CO calls $0.25

Flop: ($0.85) J 6 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: ($0.85) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, CO calls $0.60

River: ($2.05) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $2.05, Hero folds

no stats again on the villain. not sure i really beat anything by the river
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi DrRaab,

Preflop: So why do we 3-bet this preflop? Value or bluff? Why are we making it so small giving him great odds to call with a lot? We should 3-bet 10-12 BB oop.

Postflop: The board is dry so I rather cbet there ~55-60% pot.

As played I think villain polarizes his range with that pot bet. What checks back flop, calls turn and can pot river? Just a massive slowplay and I doubt he pots AQ type hands on the river.

So I'd be tempted to call.
    • DrRaab
      DrRaab
      Bronze
      it was meant to be a bluff, the bet should normally have been 45/50 but i have to click and not scroll on William Hill which is very annoying. The low time bank on fastforward doesn't seem to help!

The only hand i put him on was AQ when he potted the river just because the king was there and makes it less likely for me to have Ak combo

Anyway going on this hand and one i posted a few days ago, when people take obscure lines like the above, compared to full ring in 6max does it have more credit to be a bluff. From my experience in full ring it seems to be 99% the nuts when villains do this?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by DrRaab
      it was meant to be a bluff, the bet should normally have been 45/50 but i have to click and not scroll on William Hill which is very annoying. The low time bank on fastforward doesn't seem to help!

The only hand i put him on was AQ when he potted the river just because the king was there and makes it less likely for me to have Ak combo

Anyway going on this hand and one i posted a few days ago, when people take obscure lines like the above, compared to full ring in 6max does it have more credit to be a bluff. From my experience in full ring it seems to be 99% the nuts when villains do this?
      I agree that in full ring you will see the nuts a lot more often than in 6 max.

The problem I generally have in spots like this, especially in 6 max fast games, is that villain reps so little value that he rarely has to have a worse hand for us to be able to be profitable or at least breakeven.

I even doubt AQ pots the river to be honest.