This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH: overpair sucked into a huge pot

• Philipvw
      Philipvw
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)
      Hero:
      $61
      BB:
      $25,35
      SB:
      $47,11
      MP3:
      $51,39
      BU:
      $5

0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:heart: , K:diamond:
      MP3 raises to $1,00, Hero raises to $3,50, 3 folds, MP3 calls $2,50.

Flop: ($7,35) 8:diamond: , 2:spade: , 9:club: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $4,50, MP3 raises to $14,00, Hero calls $9,50.

Turn: ($35,35) J:club: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $33,89 (All-In), Hero calls $33,89.

River: ($103,13) 7:heart:

Final Pot: $103,13

His line looked so strong, that i thought it was unlikely that he would have a set. There was a lot of 3betting going on at the table so he couldn't just put me on a premium because of my preflop action. His preflop call was an instacall. We're both 16/15 at the table and very agg.

Normally i call flop and fold turn. But this looked so weird. I think i should also fold turn in these spots.
  • 4 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      You can´t bet/call flop and then fold to tun.
      You either go with your hand to the end or bet/fold flop.
      Being deep I like to bet/fold flop, since he´d probably c/c all the worse hands and c/r with better ones.
    • Philipvw
      Philipvw
      Bronze
      Isn't it very weak to bet/fold the flop in this case? I do understand however that this hand plays bad with such deep stacks.
    • kukac26
      kukac26
      Bronze
      Bet/Calling the flop can be interpreted as weakness.

I lost around 80% of total losses with TPTK/Overpair type of hands so I approach them with caution.

Depending on my read I'd fold when C/Red or push him (not very frequently..)

Guess he set Jacks (the play seems like something you'd do with an ok pocket, overpairing the flop)?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Philipvw
      Isn't it very weak to bet/fold the flop in this case? I do understand however that this hand plays bad with such deep stacks.
      If bet/fold is weak then bet/call, call his shove on the turn.
      Just you´re 200BB deep, don´t expect to be ahead that often.