This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 6max T9s top pair oop

• ilioas
      ilioas
      Bronze
      PartyGaming - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

SB: $13.06
      Hero (BB): $21.83
      UTG: $8.92 46/32, 59 hands
      CO: $5.21
      BTN: $10.00

SB posts SB $0.05, Hero posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has T:diamond: 9:diamond:

UTG raises to $0.30, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.65, 2 players) 7:diamond: 4:club: T:club:
      Hero bets $0.46, UTG calls $0.46

Turn: ($1.57, 2 players) A:heart:
      Hero bets $1.30, UTG calls $1.30

River: ($4.17, 2 players) 4:spade:
      Hero checks, UTG bets $2.97, fold

UTG wins $3.97

Villain looks fishy but in this case UTG opening gives a feeling that the hand has some strength.
      fold to 3bet is low (20%), so I do have better equity to just call from BB.

On such a flop the plan is to extract value from villains range that most likely has missed it. So I decide to bet bet chk/call if no scare cards show up.

Turn unfortunately brings an A and turn Cbet gets called. I assume he floats Ax therfore I am beat on turn.

river bet looks like a value bet so I fold.
  • 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey ilioas,

Preflop defend usually won't be profitable here. You are OOP + villain does not have a full stack

On the flop, not sure I fully get your logic - "On such a flop the plan is to extract value from villains range that most likely has missed it." Isn't the way you extract value from villain's range that missed, by check-calling?

Betting might be ok if you think villain is a huge fish and going to call with 66 or KJo, but the standard play here is probably to check. Yes, check/calling oop isn't super fantastic either, but that's why you don't really want to call preflop OOP with a SC.

Turn, I'd just check fold, you are basically turning your hand into a bluff by betting here. If you were betting the flop because villain calls really wide, you don't want to turn your hand into a bluff vs the same opponent.

River check/fold is fine imo, but I'd have played the hand a lot different to this.