UTG raises to $0.30, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.65, 2 players) 7:diamond: 4:club: T:club:
      Hero bets $0.46, UTG calls $0.46

Turn: ($1.57, 2 players) A:heart:
      Hero bets $1.30, UTG calls $1.30

River: ($4.17, 2 players) 4:spade:
      Hero checks, UTG bets $2.97, fold

UTG wins $3.97

Villain looks fishy but in this case UTG opening gives a feeling that the hand has some strength.
      fold to 3bet is low (20%), so I do have better equity to just call from BB.

On such a flop the plan is to extract value from villains range that most likely has missed it. So I decide to bet bet chk/call if no scare cards show up.

Turn unfortunately brings an A and turn Cbet gets called. I assume he floats Ax therfore I am beat on turn.

river bet looks like a value bet so I fold.
  • 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      Hey ilioas,

Preflop defend usually won't be profitable here. You are OOP + villain does not have a full stack

On the flop, not sure I fully get your logic - "On such a flop the plan is to extract value from villains range that most likely has missed it." Isn't the way you extract value from villain's range that missed, by check-calling?

Betting might be ok if you think villain is a huge fish and going to call with 66 or KJo, but the standard play here is probably to check. Yes, check/calling oop isn't super fantastic either, but that's why you don't really want to call preflop OOP with a SC.

Turn, I'd just check fold, you are basically turning your hand into a bluff by betting here. If you were betting the flop because villain calls really wide, you don't want to turn your hand into a bluff vs the same opponent.

River check/fold is fine imo, but I'd have played the hand a lot different to this.