Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

BB: $10.00
      UTG: $10.69 23/14, 164 hands 3bet/F3bet/4bet -4/83/14
      CO: $4.64
      BTN: $3.46
      Hero (SB): $15.55

Hero posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has A:diamond: 9:spade:

UTG raises to $0.30, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.90, fold, UTG calls $0.60

Flop: ($1.90, 2 players) 9:diamond: 4:club: 7:club:
      Hero checks, UTG bets $1.00, Hero raises to $2.00, UTG calls $1.00

Turn: ($5.90, 2 players) 3:heart:
      Hero bets $2.30, UTG calls $2.30

River: ($10.50, 2 players) 6:heart:
      Hero bets $1.80, UTG calls $1.80

Hero shows A:diamond: 9:spade: (One Pair, Nines) (Pre 42%, Flop 82%, Turn 95%)
      UTG mucks 8:club: 8:heart: (One Pair, Eights) (Pre 58%, Flop 18%, Turn 5%)
      Hero wins $13.40

Preflop: 3bet bluff range. My 3bet stat at that table was 6%, so I added this hand to bluff.

Flop: even with TPTK, I decide to play passive and reevaluate from his bet size because there is a flush draw. So any strong holdings will be defended and weak ones will either bluff of stay back.
      Although I have an A that make 2 pair in case A comes on turn.

When villain halfbets, I decide to get value from Ax,Kx hands.
      I do have a hard time to spot pocket pair ranges - do you have any recomendation on how to evaluate what pp's villain might have?

Turn: When my min CHK/raise gets called I put him on flush draws, broadways, 9x.
      So I lead turn. I made it half pot to induce bluffs from broadways and keep any weaker 9x in the game.

River: I assume it is blank because 5 is not likely in anyones range. T8 is not likely either.
      So my river bet is tinish to get a call from almost all of his range.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Ilioas,

Preflop: Villain is not overly loose so his range is tighter from UTG but we have a blocker and he's folded so far to 3-bets so that's fine.

Postflop: Since he called our 3-bet his range is stronger and it's mostly PPs that try to set mine and AQ/AK type hands. Maybe AJ

As played I think that your min/ckraise will get you in a lot of trouble. While your thought process may be fine you are forgetting that he can bet TT-JJ-QQ like this and even the FDs. He never has other 9x hands in his UTG range (what raises and calls a 3bet) and we can't expect him to bet/call 55, 66 type hands. Best case scenario, for us he calls 88 (like here) or some Ax but not much.

So we should simply bet flop and go from there.

As played turn should be a larger bet even though villain can still have better hands (but not many since he just called, just TT-JJ-QQ at best).
    • ilioas
      ilioas
      Bronze
      Hi, Thank you for the opinion.

Flop: ($1.90, 2 players) 9 4 7

When I face half pot bet or less on such boards with flush draw my first thought sorts out if that palyer has been tricky before. Although if I have enough history then fold to flop raise stat helps too.

Usually at this spot I like to chk/raise to about 1.2 pot size and take it down a lot. The reason is that opponent rarely has a hand like overpair (unless he is tricky one and on passive side).

It would be better if one card would be T+.

if I would like to take down this pot, I would go for ~3.20 raise. I guess he needs to fold ~52%. (3.2/6.1=0.525)

This type of spots seems to work for me.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by ilioas
      Hi, Thank you for the opinion.

Flop: ($1.90, 2 players) 9 4 7

When I face half pot bet or less on such boards with flush draw my first thought sorts out if that palyer has been tricky before. Although if I have enough history then fold to flop raise stat helps too.

Usually at this spot I like to chk/raise to about 1.2 pot size and take it down a lot. The reason is that opponent rarely has a hand like overpair (unless he is tricky one and on passive side).

It would be better if one card would be T+.

if I would like to take down this pot, I would go for ~3.20 raise. I guess he needs to fold ~52%. (3.2/6.1=0.525)

This type of spots seems to work for me.
      Then the question is.

Can't you get him to fold those same hands with one or two cbets? Or do you expect to get significantly more money from him bet/folding?