[NL2-NL10] nl10 KQs vs short

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Pacific, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $7.92 (79.2 bb)
      Hero (SB): $12.91 (129.1 bb)
      BB: $10 (100 bb)
      MP: $2.70 (27 bb)
      CO: $19.64 (196.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K Q
      MP calls $0.10, CO folds, BTN calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.60, BB folds, MP raises to $1.52, 2 folds

such a meh hand. i never really question these spots but is folding okay here or is calling better given stack size? villain is obviously bad but i have no other info on him.
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi DrDunne,

Preflop: Villain only has 2.7 so why just call and leave him 1.2 behind?

If you go with the hand you might as well ship it.

Given his stack size I'd just make it 4-5x Pre and fold to the limp/reraise.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      yeah i didn't mean to call, just to get it in vs him. what are your thoughts about shipping and reasoning? i should also mention he has been quite random over the last few hands, raising pretty big every now and then and he has shipped over my raise once before... but other than that i have no stats/reads.
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      If he is aggressive and now he limp/reraises, it's usually a strong hand, that you are behind or in best case, at flip.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by DrDunne
      yeah i didn't mean to call, just to get it in vs him. what are your thoughts about shipping and reasoning? i should also mention he has been quite random over the last few hands, raising pretty big every now and then and he has shipped over my raise once before... but other than that i have no stats/reads.
      You have to invest 2.1 to win a total of 5.6 or so. So we need 37.5% equity assuming 0% FE which is a fair assumption.

What do you think your equity will be versus a stacking off range here?

I'd say that once we invest 20%+ of our effective we can go with the hand.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      yeah i think it's a close spot. if he goes broke with 99+ and AQ+ we don't have enough, and we just about break even if he goes broke with 99+, AJ+, KQ and KJs giving us 38.54. if he has 88+ and AJ+ then it's also even closer to breakeven.

thanks!