Need help

• marcepoker17
      marcepoker17
      Bronze
      Hi everyone,

first of all I'm sorry for my English!

I'm having a crazy last 3 months and I can't get a brake!

It seems to me, when I'm all in, I think, 70/80% of the time I'm in front and of those 80% I'm crushing the villan, I guess, half the times(like 80/20% pp vs pp or 70/30% Ax vs Ax) and the other half flip(where I have a little advantage) or 60/40 (like AJ vs AT). I can't win anyway.
      Obv I get also different set over set,or crazy lost with 98% at the flop with runner runner in favour of the villan.

Now I know it seems the classic moaning from a beginner fish that doesn't understand variance yet, and I'm quite a beginner, bc I took poker seriously just in the last 4 months.

But I really took it seriously and I put a lot of effort, not just in my game, but on studing the game and on my mindset. And I had, I think, very good results the first 2 months, I play just MTT, starting from 75$ BR I built a 3500$ circa BR, with around 200/250 MTTs at month winning 4/6 medium(for size-300/400 players and prize pool-800/1050$) MTT with many regulars (twice the same one-Midnight Express) having many FT and ITM as well.

(here the link to my sharkscope page, sorry but I didn't figure how to post the graph)

http://it.sharkscope.com/#Player-Statistics//networks/Ongame.it/players/UrBoooring

Then I simply got stuck!

I don't think I chance my strategy, and if I did, I chance it in a better one. As I said I'm very ofthen in front so I don't blame too much my game, even if I have for sure some leaks, I have a huge edge on the players I play with because I play in Italy, and the players are quite bad usually even in 100$ MTTs(that is the top of buy-ins in Bwin poker room), and even the regs, I think at least half of them, are big looser on sharkscope.
      I'm pretty sure my profit came from them and from their crazy play.

But to play in Italy has other downsides and the poker rooms here doesn't allow the use of poker softwares, of anykind, and not even when out from the poker room, so I don't have the possibility to study my sessions, and this is a big problem for my game.

I know I should just keep play and keep put my money in with 80% and be happy when they call with their 55 or A3o with no odds and no reasons(today for es. a guy (a regular) call in the early stage, a push of 37bb on the flop A34 rainbow with T5o) but I keep getting busted and I can't find a way to keep the moral up.
      I even begin to wonder if being ofthen in front isn't a sign of playing too tight, but then again I think that is just the best strategy (at least according to what I learn) due to the villans I play. Pushing 100bb first hand MTT with AKo or even AQ/AJ from utg or opening first hand from BU x7 with 66 and then calling a 43bb push of the BB that has A8s, or againg limp with 44 utg with 7 BB left on the bubble and calling a shave or even a squeeze(obv with players still to act). I see this kinds of play over and over every day, and I'm quite sure that the simple rule tight in the begin and open up with antes is the right one with the right adjustment obv.

Anyway I took a couple of days off, but they didn't help, if not for the first or second session, then after loosing repetedly 14/20 MTTs in similar circumstances I got back at the "no hope" state, that luckly is not tilting, so I don't chance my game, I still play well but in a mix of sadness and anger.
      I don't want to take more days off bc I need to make volume. But I don't know other ways beside having good results or take a brake to get back on a good and positive state of mind.

Does anyone know other ways?

If anybody as some advice, or even someone is thinking I'm doing something wrong, that I should change my strategy, or anything you guys could help?! :D

I hope I didn't bored you too much..

Thank you for your time guys
  • 11 replies
    • amanofhisword
      amanofhisword
      Basic
      Hello,

I am sure every poker player can relate to what you are going through.
      you probably are getting very unlucky etc... but the numbers you are giving are not relevant really unless you show proof. It always feel worse than what it really is.

My advise is, before you start each session, focus hard even meditate and tell yourself that your goal is to play your best game not caring for profit or beats....
      next time you push KK and see JJ, expect the J to fall and if it doesn't take it as a bonus.

play like that 15 days in a row. play the same tournaments and see how it goes.

good luck at the tables
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Hey marcepoker17 =)

In general people tend to remember bad beats way better then they remember good beats. Therefore I don't think your assumptions about losing most of your 80/20 situations are correct. It's a mindset problem that many players encounter. You should always try to play your best poker while not caring too much about results.

As long as you play your best poker the results will come. No need to think of all the opportunities that were lost by getting a bad beat. Just focus on your game and make the best out of it.

The only way to get out of downswings is to play even more. Sample size is the most important thing when it comes to fighting a downswing. Play more, work harder on your game and concentrate more and the results will come.

Regards,
      Asaban
    • marcepoker17
      marcepoker17
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Asaban
      Hey marcepoker17 =)

In general people tend to remember bad beats way better then they remember good beats. Therefore I don't think your assumptions about losing most of your 80/20 situations are correct. It's a mindset problem that many players encounter. You should always try to play your best poker while not caring too much about results.

As long as you play your best poker the results will come. No need to think of all the opportunities that were lost by getting a bad beat. Just focus on your game and make the best out of it.

The only way to get out of downswings is to play even more. Sample size is the most important thing when it comes to fighting a downswing. Play more, work harder on your game and concentrate more and the results will come.

Regards,
      Asaban
      Hi Asaban,

thank you for your reply.

I know it sound just like I'm in a downswing and I'm just making it worse with a wrong mindset. And probably its in part like this!
      I'm pretty sure I begin my sessions with my A-game, but it's likely that towards the end of the session(if it's a loosing one) my game gets worse.

I understand that without a hand history it is not possible to prove what I was saying, and I'm fully aware that I'm not loosing most of my 80/20 situations, but the numbers are just getting "even" with the good run I had before. So it looks to me like if the fist two months I was running extremly good, and now I just getting all the loosing part.
      To be more specific, it's like if I had all the 80% in the first two month and now getting all the 20% lost.

I'm aware that the only way to overcame this moment is to put in more volume, and to play with only one target: take the best decisions!

But the problem for me is that this situation is working agaist my confidence, and the lack of confidence I'm getting is making me doubt my game, and not having the possibility to review my hand history, I just analyze the hands that I can remember, and being a "general person" and being in a downswing, I obviously remember just the bad beats!
      So I just end up questioningif I could fold trips of kings(ace kicker) on the flop, or if I could have fold my QQ preflop(when I have 15bb left) and thigs like this.

I strongly believe what you said it's true, volume is the only way to get out of a downswing, the volume is the only thing that can beat variance, especially in MTTs, but I feel like I'm doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what!

Do you know anyway how I could register my hand history without using any softwere like HM or PokerTracker?

Then again where I can find some info about your coaching?

Thanks again for you help!

Regards
      Marce
    • marcepoker17
      marcepoker17
      Bronze
      Thank you Amano... :)

I know it just sounds like a classic downswing, and probably it is!

I know as well that without hand history my assumptions are just not relevant, but I wasn't saying I'm always unlucky, I was just saying that all the 20%times where I should loose are happening all in the last two month, this surely means that I got all my 80% win before and if I had a history I'm sure I could confirm that I'm "even" on luck.

Thank you for the advice, for sure not to aspect too much from my session would reduce my Sad/anger feeling.. I will try! :D

I will add more volume too, and I will see the and of the month!

Thnks again.

Good luck to you too..

Regard
      Marce
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Hey marcepoker17 :)

Does pokerstars.it store the hand histories locally?
      If so, you should be able to load them into a holdem manager database afterwards.

Alternativly I can recommend a programm called "Universal Replayer" (use google). It's for free and provides a basic hand reviewer. Since it won't provide any stats, there shouldn't be a problem with pokerstars' T&C. But that's just an assumption and I don't know it for sure.

If no handhistories are stored for pokerstars.it the only possibility I can think of is to record your sessions and review the videos afterwards.

Regards,
      Asaban
    • marcepoker17
      marcepoker17
      Bronze
      Hey marcepoker17 :)

Does pokerstars.it store the hand histories locally?
      If so, you should be able to load them into a holdem manager database afterwards.

Alternativly I can recommend a programm called "Universal Replayer" (use google). It's for free and provides a basic hand reviewer. Since it won't provide any stats, there shouldn't be a problem with pokerstars' T&C. But that's just an assumption and I don't know it for sure.

If no handhistories are stored for pokerstars.it the only possibility I can think of is to record your sessions and review the videos afterwards.

Regards,
      Asaban

Hey Asaban,

Yes, pokerstars has it, but I play with Bwin.it.
      Bwin has it as well, but it's a 10 by 10 hand history and it takes quite a while to load (3/4sec.) and as you can understand its a very annoing thing, it takes me hours to review only one MTT(if I went deep :) )! Or am I too lazy? ?(

Bwin.it poker rules, and I think pokerstars too(but not sure 100%), state pretty clear that the players can't down-load (I wrote it this way bc in the right way is spamming an advertisement!?) any poker software, not even to use it when you are out of the room. They say that on the contract that they make you sign(this I beleive its just an italian thing, bc when I was living in Amsterdam I never signed any contract on pokerstars.com) you agreed to let them check your computer to read your program list and even to check your internet history to see if you are using sharkscope.
      I really think that all this it's really crazy, but I prefer to follow the rules.. :)

I'm down-loadinguniversal replayer, bc it is just a recording software, as you thought. And thank you very much for the tip, I did down-load Cam studio to record my sessions, but it didn't work properly so this solution should be much better!

And I guess you don't reply about coaching in the wrong thread, so I will look for the proper one. I hope my BR can afford you! :)

Thanks again for your help!

Regards

Marce
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Feel free to add me in skype if you want further information about private coachings. Standard coachings are available for 50$/h. Furthermore I offer final table coachings for a fixed percentage of the final winnings. The rate depends on the tournament and is between 5 and 7% in most cases.

I don't know much about italian pokerrooms tbh, but afaik Pokerstars is fairly big and has a good offer in tournament poker. So maybe it would be worth a try.

I tried to find out what the exact limitations for italian pokersites are, but I weren't able to find any information regarding tracking software.

The usage of sharkscope and similar sites is forbidden at Pokerstars.com as well. They are also able to scan the running programs to detect bots and other forbidden software. Still, the usage of tracking software is allowed.

I would recommend writing a mail to pokerstars/bwin support, asking them if HoldemManager or Pokertracker would be a problem. I really don't think it is.

Regards,
      Asaban
    • marcepoker17
      marcepoker17
      Bronze
      Feel free to add me in skype if you want further information about private coachings. Standard coachings are available for 50$/h. Furthermore I offer final table coachings for a fixed percentage of the final winnings. The rate depends on the tournament and is between 5 and 7% in most cases.

I don't know much about italian pokerrooms tbh, but afaik Pokerstars is fairly big and has a good offer in tournament poker. So maybe it would be worth a try.

I tried to find out what the exact limitations for italian pokersites are, but I weren't able to find any information regarding tracking software.

The usage of sharkscope and similar sites is forbidden at Pokerstars.com as well. They are also able to scan the running programs to detect bots and other forbidden software. Still, the usage of tracking software is allowed.

I would recommend writing a mail to pokerstars/bwin support, asking them if HoldemManager or Pokertracker would be a problem. I really don't think it is.

Regards,
      Asaban
      Hey Asaban,

thanks again..

I did find the list of forbidden software few weeks ago, but it seems to have disappeared.. ?(
      I remember there were two list of programs, one was forbidden to have any of them in your pc, and the other programs were not allow while you r playing. I'm pretty positive that PT an HM were in the first list!

I will mail Bwin support and ask about it, but yesterday I used universal replayer and I really like it, I found it easy to use and it's actually what I was looking for, bc I just needed to review my hands, and I can analyse them by myself..

I will add you on skype, and I will ask you my questions there..!

I know pokestars is the best site, also for MTTs, but I had an argue with them when I change my account from .com to .it, and they told me that if I didn't finish my registration I wouldn't be allow anymore to inscribe.. X(

Thank you

Regards

Marce
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      I generally prefer to answer questions in the forum as long as they are not conntected to private coachings. This way other players can participate as well.

You can obviously add me anyways, but please keep asking your "normal" questions in the forum =)

Regards,
      Asaban
    • marcepoker17
      marcepoker17
      Bronze
      I generally prefer to answer questions in the forum as long as they are not conntected to private coachings. This way other players can participate as well.

You can obviously add me anyways, but please keep asking your "normal" questions in the forum =)

Regards,
      Asaban
      Hi Asaban,

I thought it was implied, but I'll rephrase it. :)

I will add you on skype, and I will ask you my coaching related questions there..!

I'm not looking for free private lessons, I just want to ask you something about your coaching method and few other things(always coaching related) =)

Regards
      Marce
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Sure - feel free to do so :)