Software you use???

• kobeenjo
      kobeenjo
      Basic
      Hi guys I have some questions for everybody
      I have never used any poker software, I am just wondering which ones would you recommend to a beginner?
      I heard of holdem manager, poker tracker, I am downloading now ICM trainer... What else is out there ?

Thanks !

Stefan
  • 4 replies
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Hi kobeenjo

well there is lots of software but imo most of it is unimportant. in fact, if you are a beginner then you probably wouldn't even need to use something like holdem manager/poker tracker because the HUD would most likely cause some mistakes in your game if you aren't very careful. that said, if i were to recommend software for a beginner interested in SnG/tournament play, i'd say (in order of importance):

1) the ICM trainer
      2) the equilab to get an understanding of equities and hand match ups
      3) holdem manager (or pokertracker) to track progress and review your game

lots of people like to have other software like tablescanners, tableninja, leakbuster and SnG wizard but i think the most important are the 3 i've given.

Lewis.
    • ProfitsofDoom
      ProfitsofDoom
      Basic
      I started out with Tournament indicator, and then discovered Pokertracker. I had no idea that people were using this type of software that tracked your play, etc. then found things like SNG Wizard, Table Ninja, etc.

Nowadays i use HM2, Leakbuster, Notecaddy, Flopzilla, Ace Poker Drills, and a couple others.

If you are just starting out, i would maybe do the free trials for HM2 or PT4, and see which one you like. They are both great programs. Will be a huge help to track your play, and review your game. I'd start slow with the HUD stats, and maybe start out with a basic setup, and as you start learning the stats, then add some things.

And then as you figure out what game you plan on playing, then i'd start looking at some of the other software programs.
    • bristolboy
      bristolboy
      Bronze
      Pokertacker
      SnG Wiz
      Pokerstove
      and table ninja or the Pokerstars hotkeys/AHK script something that lets u use hotkeys :)
    • patszerdonk
      patszerdonk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kobeenjo
      Hi guys I have some questions for everybody
      I have never used any poker software, I am just wondering which ones would you recommend to a beginner?
      I heard of holdem manager, poker tracker, I am downloading now ICM trainer... What else is out there ?

Thanks !

Stefan
      Equilab.
      I dont recomended HM/PT until you know how to count EV