BTN: $5.67
      SB: $97.03
      BB: $25.35
      Hero (UTG): $33.17
      MP: $30.68
      CO: $16.01

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has Q:spade: Q:club:

Hero raises to $0.75, fold, fold, fold, fold, BB raises to $2.35, Hero raises to $5.50, BB calls $3.15

Flop: ($11.10, 2 players) 9:club: 5:diamond: 9:diamond:
      BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($11.10, 2 players) 6:club:
      BB bets $7.00, Hero calls $7.00

River: ($25.10, 2 players) 4:club:
      BB bets $12.85 and is all-in, Hero ?

Villain is 22/18 over 73 hands,this is his first 3bet.
  • 4 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

Why did you 4bet preflop? Going from the preflop 4bet reasoning you have an easy play postflop.
    • JJWic3
      JJWic3
      Bronze
      Hey there.I'v heard you are also a Zoom player,and in the near future I want to hire you as a coach.You just flat in these situations?I don't like flatting here.On low boards I will pay off AA and KK on low boards,and if K or A falls on the flop,it also sucks.And he could barrel 2 streets with AK,and make me fold my hand.If I 4bet,his 5bet allin range is always KK+,and I have an easy fold.Does this makes sense?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JJWic3
      Hey there.I'v heard you are also a Zoom player,and in the near future I want to hire you as a coach.You just flat in these situations?I don't like flatting here.On low boards I will pay off AA and KK on low boards,and if K or A falls on the flop,it also sucks.And he could barrel 2 streets with AK,and make me fold my hand.If I 4bet,his 5bet allin range is always KK+,and I have an easy fold.Does this makes sense?
      Yeah, I play Zoom. :) You can contact me when you want in coaching thread, blog, PM on PokerStrategy, etc.

@hand: the biggest problem is that you are thinking about 4bet folding here and basically expect to not have the better hand unless he folds. That makes raising bad most often. If you cannot flat profitably (which is not so hard in practice, just takes some training) I think you should just fold. I can understand how flatting 3bets OOP seems tough but there are times when you just have to do it. To practice, flat all your premiums here as well... Then if the flop comes A, K, Q high or whatever you don't care because your range will be something like JJ+, AQ+ so you'll have all those premiums as well. After you see how he actually plays and find tendencies you can adjust your range but this way (flatting strong range) you get to make some money while learning a lot about your opponent and in some cases you won't even have to change this strategy.
    • JJWic3
      JJWic3
      Bronze
      Yeah,this makes sense. :f_biggrin: I'm gonna implement it to my game.Thanks!