What sit n gos are best to play on pokerstars?

• Michael2345
      Michael2345
      Basic
      Hi, I'm looking to start playing sit n gos again and wonder which are best in terms of low variance and not a lot of regs. Also, where would be the best place on this site for me to learn how to play these types of tournaments since I can only read the basic articles. Thanks.
  • 7 replies
    • arthurbentley
      arthurbentley
      Silver
      The $1.50 9-man knockouts (normal structure) attract enough donks over regs ratio to make them very profitable. The rake is also low compared to normal $1.50 sngs at 0.15 cents. So they are my recommendation by far.
    • gavinonymous
      gavinonymous
      Bronze
      I like the 45mans. They start very often, good ratio of recreational player to regs, and you can acheive a much higher ROI than with the 9mans, where even at 10% rake, you need a bigger ROI to avoid variance making you feel like getting nowhere. Also you get synched breaks every hour.

IMO the $1.50's are easily beatable if you practice with SNG wizard or similar ICM tool.

There are a couple of freebie videos (I think Katie did one?) with 45mans that might help for studying. Also recommend to check out the coaching Twitch channel, there are some great sessions from Colin Moshman to be viewed.
    • vuciitis
      vuciitis
      Bronze
      0,5$ 45mans are super soft and super profitable. :)
    • arthurbentley
      arthurbentley
      Silver
      Turbo MTTs come with a boatload of variance, and so do normal structure 45-mans. The OP wants a low variance and profitable SNG game. The 9-man knockout games are donk/fish magnets. They will often go crazy wanting the 0.25 bounty and will stack-off with a less than premium hand.
    • gavinonymous
      gavinonymous
      Bronze
      I found that the 9mans were higher variance for me because my ROI was lower than 45mans.

Doesn't lower ROI means more variance, more chance of downswing and long breakeven stretches? In the 45mans I could get 30% ROI - many more recreational players than 9man, therefore much less chance of variance. It was my experience. I BR build much faster with 45mans than 9mans, and I found more room to use a skill advantage.
    • SryImNoob
      SryImNoob
      Bronze
      i think itm mean variance and roi mean profit
    • TheMachineCheck
      TheMachineCheck
      Global
      I would say play HU-SNG! :D