dietary supplements

• Foxxxen
      Foxxxen
      Bronze
      Hi!

Have any of you ever used any "dietary supplements" to increase concentration and alertness? I mean besides caffein. I read a test in a poker magazine about different stuffs and I have begun using this little yellow pill that I find keeps me a bit more focused when playing poker. I was just curious if anyone else had ever tried something like this.

P.S I'm not talking about any strong illegal stuff ;)
  • 10 replies
    • Backcushion
      Backcushion
      Bronze
      Do you mean some vitamins like B6?I know i take mg+b6 almost everyday and it also helps you concentrate a little bit.
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      I'm not playing tired, but sometimes I drink a Red Bull or something like that. I'm not so addicted to poker to eat pills :P
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Cigarettes and coke ftw :D
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TribunCaesar
      Cigarettes and coke ftw :D
      hmmm.. concentrated death....

for me, red bull imitation (no taurine) or coffee if i'm feeling just a little tired
    • Foxxxen
      Foxxxen
      Bronze
      Ok, so caffein-filled drinks of various kinds seem to be the most common substance, no surprises there I guess. Anyone tried that Phil Hellmuth drink? I think it is pretty funny that many pros are probably cashing in more on books and apparel than on actually playing poker :P

What I'm taking is called Spike, and its supposed to be for like hardcore bodybuilders and stuff, but its good for studying and playing poker too! It lasts much longer than coffee or sugar kicks.

Hm, thinking about starting smoking too, what brand do you smoke Tribun?
    • Backcushion
      Backcushion
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Foxxxen
      Hm, thinking about starting smoking too, what brand do you smoke Tribun?
      WHAT.You actually want to start smoking?Most of the smokers smoke because they can't get rid of,smoking doesn't really help here
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Foxxxen, if you were serious: smoking has no real advantage. You'll lose lung "capacity" (is there a word for that?) - the slightest effort will be much harder, since you'll be out of breath all the time. Your nails and teeth will turn yellow, there'll be a smell of cold smoke in all your house and clothes and hair, it'll cost you several thousand dollars per year, and you'll eventually get lung cancer.
      Oh, and on the plus side, it cuts your appetite, so if you're anorexic it might help. (although i don't consider that a plus, i like eating :) ). Oh and if you're suicidal, just pour the contents of one cigarrette in water (like tea) - it's lethal.

i may have been leveled, but it was worth it.
    • Foxxxen
      Foxxxen
      Bronze

Hmm, with cool ciggies like these, it's a close decision.... but I believe I'll fold. No blacklung for me.

sry, I just have a bad sense of humor :rolleyes:
    • mintjelly
      mintjelly
      Bronze
      I would recommend a product that contains NO(nitrix oxide). There usually used for weight lifting but they give amazing mental clarity without the use of caffeine. This is my product of choice. NO-Xplode by BSN:

[img][IMG]https://img207.imageshack.us/img207/9194/noxgc0.th.png[/IMG][/img]

N.O.-Xplode Highlights:

* Training energy, motivation and intensity
      * Mental alertness and focus
      * Muscle fullness, vascularity and pumps
      * Strength, power, endurance and work capacity
      * Resistance to muscular fatigue
      * Healthy Nitric Oxide (N.O.) levels; blood flow and delivery of oxygen and nutrients to muscle tissue

N.O.-Xplode Benefits:

* Maximizes training intensity, energy and motivation; allowing bodybuilders to maximize muscle fiber stimulation
      * Enhances mental focus and acuity; helps establish crucial mind-muscle connection for bodybuilders
      * Increases resistance to muscular fatigue; preventing lactic acid and H (+) ion accumulation from cutting a set short of its full potential
      * Elevates blood flow and delivery of oxygen and nutrients; aids in providing sustained training energy/intensity
      * Increases power output and overall work capacity for bodybuilding training programs

I use this product and it's amazing not only for working out but for mental clarity. It's loaded with vitamins, it's better than coffee or redbull and only has 30 calories per serving! Hope that helps.
    • Foxxxen
      Foxxxen
      Bronze
      Yeah thx, that's the kind of stuff I was talking about. Seems interesting, I'm gonna go check out where I can get some of that.

On Nitric Oxide from Wikipedia:
      It is also a toxic air pollutant produced by automobile engines and power plants.