One Life, One Chance

• InTheZ0ne
      InTheZ0ne
      Bronze
      Hello Dear PokerStrategist!

Some facts about me and why I decided to make a blog.

[COLOR=limegreen]2013 GOAL: EARN 10.000 $ / ~7.600 € PLAYING NL10-NL50

Yearly Goal Progress 7.600 € !
      [/COLOR]

CURRENT PROGRESS

Current Update

Last Update

Hello my name is Thomas and I'm 22 years old.

I study at a buisness college in Denmark and I live in the middle part of Jutland.

I've played poker since I was 18 and I the first 2 years I made around 5.000$ on Full Tilt playing SNG & MTT, then disaster struck!

Every since Black friday my motivation towards poker has been almost gone.

I've always loved playing poker and I can't imagine a life without, and why?

Poker taught me to control my emotions, and it taught me great discpline.

Most importantly it taught me how to think about money and how life can be without it.

I'm a simple and straightfoward guy and I am making this blog to share my experiences with you.

At the moment I'm playing NL10, because I can't fit MTT into my studies, but that's a good thing, cos' when the truth is to be told, I sincerly suck at MTTs.

I can't count how many min cashes I've acquired throughout my life and I'm not going back untill I have a solid strategy.

5 days ago I was considering taking a break from poker due to the fact that I was breakeven most of the time, and the remaining time I was losing at the most retarded ways.

This is the time for me to take myself seriously, periode, so here is my plan on how to make my dream come true atleast the first part of the way, cos I feel that to reach a goal you have to have precise focus at your first major climb, and when that has been reached, it's time to set a new concrete goal once again.

I've always played NL10, but never with any success, but that is coming to and end now!

This is me after deciding to stop thinking I was someone special at poker. I told myself the following and suddenly (WARNING: cliché incoming) the universe was rewarding me for rational thinking.

STOP OVERPLAY ANY MARGINAL HAND
      STOP 3-BETTING RANDOMLY
      STOP 4 AND 5-BETTING LIKE A DRUNK TILT MONKEY
      STOP PLAYING WITHOUT A STANDARD SHC
      STOP PLAYING WHILE LACKING SLEEP OR STRESSED IN ANY WAY
      STOP CHECK/CALLING WHEN IN DOUBT (BET OR FOLD ONLY)
      STOP THE FLOATING WHEN SUPER NITS & SIMILER OPPONENTS SHOWS AGGRESSION
      STOP PLAYING WITH A HUD I DON'T UNDERSTAND
      STOP THINKING I AM THE BEST POKER PLAYER IN THE WORLD

This my graph before implementing these ideas/thoughts into my thick skull

BEFORE THE 7th OF MARCH

AFTER THE 7th of MARCH: (ONLY 4 DAYS AT NL10)

These past 4 days I've done the unthinkable, and that was to overcome my own retarded ways of thinking, but it happened ONLY cos I got fed up with losing and the fact that I was wasting my life completely while playing poker.

I play poker to win money. I player poker cos it's super exciting and it challenges me enourmously. I player poker to have success, and when I make a profitable play I tend to smile every fucking time, cos it's ALL BECAUSE OF ME.

PLAN TO NL25!

Continue WITHOUT changing anything or doing anything differently and when I have 30 buy-ins (750$) I'll try NL25.

I hope you'll follow me on my way of becoming an NL25 Pro ;)

I'll be posting weekly graphs so you can watch my progress, but also ill be sharing my thoughts when implementing new ideas etc.

Hope you'r all doing great!

This is it for me, but expect much more!

Have a nice day

InTheZ0ne! =)

:f_biggrin:
      (Conclusion: Once I stoped bullshitting myself, I started to realize how pathetic I was at poker, and that brought me back to reality.)
  • 11 replies
    • zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      (Conclusion: Once I stoped bullshitting myself, I started to realize how pathetic I was at poker, and that brought me back to reality.)
      this is very awesome :f_love:

gl man
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Welcome to the blogging world. :s_cool:
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, InTheZ0ne,
      Welcome to the blogzone!

I had to make a slight edit to your first post -- I'm pretty sure you'll understand why, but if not, add me in the community tools, and I'll explain.

All the best,
      --VS
    • InTheZ0ne
      InTheZ0ne
      Bronze
      @VorpalF2F - Thank you for your interrest, and I don't know know what you've edited, but it doesn't seem like it was any major, perhabs a correction of a spelling mistake?

@zumpar - Thanks alot man, and I'm glad you like my conclusion =)

@justkyle88 - Thank you Justkyle!
    • InTheZ0ne
      InTheZ0ne
      Bronze
      I've been having so much fun 6 tabelling last past days, and I've been stunned at the mistakes that i've made. My curiousity sometimes gets the best of me, and even though I know i'm 100 % beat, I tend to find some random number in villians stat to justify a VERY WRONG play.

I am gonna post and talk about some of my worst hands in the next update, but for now I just want to share my progress.

Steadily but surely. It might be a bit boring sometimes, but that's totally okey, cos if I have tonse of energy and im super motivated I practice with 1 more table, which makes up for the solid ABC play.

Right now I'm playing 6-8 tables at a time and it's working really great for me.

That's it for me, but the next time ill spend time really getting into the mind of my opponents and tell you what I see and the most typical plays and where I lose/win most money.

Bye for now! :)
    • InTheZ0ne
      InTheZ0ne
      Bronze

I had a very very good run at NL20 for 650 hands.

After chrusing NL10 today so hard, I felt I should use all this momentum for something, so I went on with 2-4 tables at NL20, and the result speak for themselves.

Making sick ass progress and if I continue I should reach my yearly goal WAY FASTER than expected. Really pleased and ill be sharing some of my most interresting hands next update.
    • DannyJQ
      DannyJQ
      Bronze
      Update or busto :coolface:
    • InTheZ0ne
      InTheZ0ne
      Bronze
      Been having some trouple playing my A-Game and on top of that I've been struck by some sort of variance combined with rarely seen personal B & C game. Won't be able to play much this week, but I will be reading a Book of David Sklansky.

Here is my Graph and I am really not happy about it, but I can't do much else other than accept it ;(

• Skojj
      Skojj
      Bronze
      You're on quite a goodrun! a few days break often helps me bring my A-game back hope it does the same to you if you're not satisfied with how you played lately. Good luck :)
    • InTheZ0ne
      InTheZ0ne
      Bronze
      Thanks man, and yeah i do hope a few days off can help me re-focus ;)
    • InTheZ0ne
      InTheZ0ne
      Bronze
      Roller Coaster day. Was weird getting back to poker after 3 days, and I really was put to the test from the beginning and I didn't really coop too well, but I had a good break and a lot of confidence in my second sessions. Happy with the finish, although I desperately need to fetch me a coach who can give me some pointers.

2 entertaining hands

Bluff Catching:

Prima No-Limit Hold'em, €0.10 BB (6 handed) - Prima Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

Hero (Button) (€11.61)
      SB (€11.22)
      BB (€7.85)
      UTG (€13.35)
      MP (€10.15)
      CO (€5.30)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A, K
      3 folds, Hero bets €0.30, SB calls €0.25, 1 fold

Flop: (€0.70) 8, 4, 4 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets €0.40, SB raises €1.20, Hero calls €0.80

Turn: (€3.10) J (2 players)
      SB bets €1.55, Hero calls €1.55

River: (€6.20) 6 (2 players)
      SB bets €3.10, Hero calls €3.10

Total pot: €12.40

Results below:

Hero had A, K (one pair, fours).
      SB had A, 10 (one pair, fours).
      Outcome: Hero won €11.78

Semi Crazy Hand

Prima No-Limit Hold'em, €0.10 BB (6 handed) - Prima Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

MP (€4.68)
      CO (€10)
      Hero (Button) (€16.33)
      SB (€13.65)
      BB (€10.93)
      UTG (€2.65)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q, Q
      1 fold, MP calls €0.10, 1 fold, Hero bets €0.45, 1 fold, BB raises €1.50, 1 fold, Hero calls €1.15

Flop: (€3.35) J, 4, J (2 players)
      BB bets €1.80, Hero calls €1.80

Turn: (€6.95) 8 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets €2.25, BB raises €7.53 (All-In), Hero calls €5.28

River: (€22.01) 9 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: €22.01

Results below:

Hero had Q, Q (two pair, Queens and Jacks).
      BB had Q, A (one pair, Jacks).
      Outcome: Hero won €20.91