omaha high-lo

• amanofhisword
      amanofhisword
      Basic
      Hello guys,

I recently joined PS to get better at every aspect of poker and especially Tournament poker.

I started taking poker seriously around the beginning of 2013.

I wanted to know if it's possible to open accounts on many sites and focus on only playing omaha high low (tournaments) and be consistently successful.

I feel that I have a significant edge in Omaha8.

Even though my PLO(high) game is solid as well. after 192 tournaments I made the money 14% of the time. AFS 255. average buy in $11 and R.O.I 122%....
      I feel like my bigger edge is in Plo8. Note, that I understand that my volume is still too small to tell how successful I would be but I am basing this on my understanding of the game and tournament and table dynamics mainly..
      so in O8 and after 182 tournaments. AFS 170. average buy in $6.68. ITM 22%. R.O.I 70%.

I would like to know if it would be a good idea to play on many sites and focus on this game.

all your thoughts and advise would be appreciated
  • 9 replies
    • badgerer
      badgerer
      Silver
      yeah its a great game to focus on if you're good at it. stars and tilt have plenty nl and pl mtt's with guarantees and soft fields.
    • amanofhisword
      amanofhisword
      Basic
      hi,

I have only played on Fulltilt so far.
      I am very confident with my game and my ability to consistently do well.
      Though my holdem game is also solid, I just feel that O8 will allow for small downswings when they happen as I believe I will make the money one in five times and have many deep runs and FT's.
    • badgerer
      badgerer
      Silver
      i believe variance will be much lower than holdem and plo if you are a solid player. itm% prob will be v good, if nothing else because the average field size will be much smaller.

you probably already know this but tilt have added lots of guaranteed o8 mtt's recently when they expanded their entire mtt schedule, i suspect it is designed to bring them more into line with stars. between those two im pretty sure you can get enough volume.

have you played any nlo8 'ante up' tourneys yet? stars offer these. the blinds are v small and dont increase but the antes go up instead. worth a look at if your a serious o8 player imo because so many players fail to adjust to the unique structure.

so yeah, try stars for sure.

good luck
    • amanofhisword
      amanofhisword
      Basic
      Hello,

I see what you mean about the "NLO8 ante up" I can see how most players (inexperienced) would not know how to play these correctly. I haven't played them though.

what games do you play?
    • badgerer
      badgerer
      Silver
      at the moment i play mixed games cash and mtt, i've got experience at pretty much every game (but i have my favourites) :s_cool: .
    • amanofhisword
      amanofhisword
      Basic
      Nice,

are we allowed to ask for skype names in the forums?

thx
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by amanofhisword
      are we allowed to ask for skype names in the forums?
      Nope. You have to use our community tool. Just make a friend request and then you can talk with IM's.
    • amanofhisword
      amanofhisword
      Basic
      ok thank you,

Though, I cannot make friend requests yet as my account still" Basic"
      I did the Quiz and even opened an account with Titan poker, but my status has not been updated yet. It has been a few days.

thx
    • dubadal
      dubadal
      Bronze
      there is plenty of action on stars now with their Omania (http://www.pokerstars.ee/en//poker/tournaments/omania/) promo. Basically 7 daily GTD events (3 being H/L)with 1-5usd satellites for most of them.

also, they have courchevel sng/tourneys (5 card nl omaha H/l madness), which has ridiculous amount of gambling involved. If you feel like your PLO8 game is solid, try it out.

didnt see other sites having many (if at all) plo8 tournaments.