[NL2-NL10] nl10sh KQo OOP,multiway pot

• EnterG
      EnterG
      Bronze
      Boss, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $16.96 (169.6 bb)
      Hero (BB): $20.05 (200.5 bb)
      MP: $7.55 (75.5 bb)
      CO: $10 (100 bb)
      BTN: $9.15 (91.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K Q
      MP raises to $0.35, CO calls $0.35, BTN calls $0.35, SB calls $0.30, Hero calls $0.25

Flop: ($1.75) K 7 9 (5 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP checks, CO checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($1.75) Q (5 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP checks, CO bets $1.31, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.31, MP folds

River: ($4.37) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $3.27, Hero calls $3.27

Results:
      $10.91 pot ($0.56 rake)
      Final Board: K 7 9 Q 4
      Hero showed K Q and lost (-$4.93 net)
      CO showed 7 7 and won $10.35 ($5.42 net)

Stats :MP vpip 22/pfr 13-BU fish vpip 62/pfr 6-SB semifish vpip 38/pfr 7.
      I decided to enter this multiway pot i think because of the pot odds.I thought about squeezing but the BU and maybe the SB would call and i would be sandwiched with a marginal hand.

1)should i fold pre ?

On flop checked by all,and then on turn CO give action.But i have a good had also (2pair).The only monster completed was a straight with a hand like TJ.
      CO stats :vpip 25/pfr 16/3bet pre 7.2/af 2.1/wts 19/w$sd 55/hands 320.A good LAG opponent.

2)should i play my hand differently ? (for example should i bet turn ?)

3) should i fold this river with this bet size ?

Opponent action seemed pretty strong against 4 opponent on turn.

Thanks !
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi EnterG,

Preflop: We should simply 3-bet this preflop and try to take the pot down. There's so much money there and our hand doesn't play that great multiway. If it's suited it would be a different story.

So pre is an easy 3-bet for me, to about $1.8-$2.0

Postflop: As played why are we checking twice and not just betting our hand? Why are we waiting for others to valuebet for us. Simply bet and go from there. We can still bet/fold versus raises.

As played I can't see how we can fold the river after we played so passive and villain can try to take the pot away from all those checkers.
    • dienaszaglis
      dienaszaglis
      Bronze
      Hello!

Bogdan, would you squeeze, for example, with KJo? I would probably fold.

What`s your squeezing range here anyways? Mine would be: JJ+, AJo+, KQo, AKs.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by dienaszaglis
      Hello!

Bogdan, would you squeeze, for example, with KJo? I would probably fold.

What`s your squeezing range here anyways? Mine would be: JJ+, AJo+, KQo, AKs.
      We don't really have the stats for all villains but if noone is super crazy laggy or call happy we can squeeze KJ/KT/K9s and so on. There's a lot of money in the pot and a decent size squeeze will take down the pot often.
    • EnterG
      EnterG
      Bronze
      To tell the truth i was afraid to squeeze because i would get one maybe 2 calls and i would play OOP.Should i do that ? I don't 3bet too much in general because i get calls and i am not so sure how to play postflop in 3bet pots.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by EnterG
      To tell the truth i was afraid to squeeze because i would get one maybe 2 calls and i would play OOP.Should i do that ? I don't 3bet too much in general because i get calls and i am not so sure how to play postflop in 3bet pots.
      When you 3-bet and get called your perceived range will still stay strong and at these low limits people play very fit fold so we can cbet a lot of flops and just take it away.

Our hand is not terrible by any means so even if we get called we still have playability.

I think it plays much better with a 3-bet than a call here.