Shit or Bust for this SSS player

• punta
      punta
      Bronze
      Hi Guys,

I have now played nearly 20,000 hands at NL10 on FTP and I am sick of playing SSS. I started playing BBS also and have to say I enjoy playing proper poker and making my own desisions much much more and SO far doing well at both FR and SH - but as I have mentioned before I am only tracked at FTP and have now gone down to BRONZE, as I have not played SSS for well over a week.

SO whats the reason I cant beat NL.10 SSS at FTP is cuz I am CRAP, maybee, or the Rake is to high maybee. I have also checked my stats and it looks like most of my hands have been played with only 7/8 players - so a 9 table with one/two sit outs aint good for us SSS players - So what i have decided to do is say bollox to BRM. :D

I have $118 left in FT and I am moving up to .25 from today as I want to get my silver back, so i can watch the SH coaching. If I go bust SO what, its PS money anyway :tongue: I will also now start to table select a bit more and NEVER play hands other than the chart.

On NL.10 I have found every bugger calls your all in with any rubbish, as its only $2 ++++++ I get a bit loose in pos myself :evil: as well, as its only $2 - SO what I am hoping is playing with a $5 stack they may think twice about calling your shove a bit more - time will tell.

Here is my graph - wish me luck I may need it - I only play during the week and mostly during the day - never in the evening, not sure if this has been why my results are so crap, as I miss the late night and weekend FISH.

I will update on a daily basis with stats and graphs when I play, so you can have a laugh. I will probably play every other day as I want to keep playing my SH FR BSS as well.

Cheers and good luck at the tables,

Paul
  • 11 replies
    • punta
      punta
      Bronze
      Will it looks like bust for me - starting to think I should just stick to my horse tipster service and dump the Poker. As I may not have the mind set for it - played NL25 SSS and NL10 BSS and got shafted at both.

Going to have to go back to NL10 SSS now as I will have no money left by the end of the month.

• Grimzor
      Grimzor
      Bronze
      Originally posted by punta
      On NL.10 I have found every bugger calls your all in with any rubbish, as its only $2 ++++++
      You say as it is a bad thing. I somehow thought this is what we wanted to happen not avoid this. I want my AA preflop all-in called by 86s (<-- true story :D )

Anyway, this thread has lots of busto potential. i say 80/20 you are busto by end of next month. Prove me wrong! :)
    • mesorucky
      mesorucky
      Bronze
      Agreed Grim

First of all everyone on this forum advises no NL10SSS on Fulltilt big mistake! rake etc and yes everyone calls at NL10

I suggest moving to another site with smaller rake and try playing NL20 perhaps, i never beat nl 10 on titan and i never expect too. I've had much better time at stars NL10.

Im currently playing NL20 on titan doing very well SSS, and just started NL5 BSS when there is no tables at NL20. Doing great at NL5 BSS but im a short stacker just do BSS when good timing.

I'd definately avoid NL10 on FLT and other sites just cos yeah $2 isnt enough to push people around and people just call!

Anyways keep ur head up! I've come back from a -$48.00 downswing :) to just -$5.00 So yeah beats happen play ur A-game and the profits will come :)
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      ... I get a bit loose in pots myself ...
      That must be it...
    • punta
      punta
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Grimzor
      On NL.10 I have found every bugger calls your all in with any rubbish, as its only $2 ++++++
      You say as it is a bad thing. I somehow thought this is what we wanted to happen not avoid this. I want my AA preflop all-in called by 86s (<-- true story :D )

Anyway, this thread has lots of busto potential. i say 80/20 you are busto by end of next month. Prove me wrong! :)
      I know it should be what i want, but they keep hitting and sending me on friggin tilt - WE all want AA v 86 - Its the AK and AQ is what is hurting me badly..... I will NOT go bust thats a promise :D
    • punta
      punta
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mesorucky
      Agreed Grim

First of all everyone on this forum advises no NL10SSS on Fulltilt big mistake! rake etc and yes everyone calls at NL10

I suggest moving to another site with smaller rake and try playing NL20 perhaps, i never beat nl 10 on titan and i never expect too. I've had much better time at stars NL10.

Im currently playing NL20 on titan doing very well SSS, and just started NL5 BSS when there is no tables at NL20. Doing great at NL5 BSS but im a short stacker just do BSS when good timing.

I'd definately avoid NL10 on FLT and other sites just cos yeah $2 isnt enough to push people around and people just call!

Anyways keep ur head up! I've come back from a -$48.00 downswing :) to just -$5.00 So yeah beats happen play ur A-game and the profits will come :)
      FTP is the only one I have tracked by PS so its where I will have to stay
    • punta
      punta
      Bronze
      Originally posted by timukasr
      ... I get a bit loose in pots myself ...
      That must be it...

Probably is :D
    • SalamiandCheese
      SalamiandCheese
      Bronze
      AK and AQ can be tricky playing SSS. I pretty sure I wasn't playing these hands right when I tried playing SSS at fulltilt -- lost $25 of my own money, my PS account is at Mansion and I do well there.

I don't recommend NL .10 at full tilt, either. It's always been steady downswing for me there, I swear those games are rigged! (not kidding, either, it's f'd up) I have good success on the $1-5 MTT's though, but I've never had a win over $130. But they hit the doomswitch anytime I satellite into a big tourney, buggers.
    • punta
      punta
      Bronze
      well guys this fish is making progress - as i said i have dumped playing shitty SSS and started to play proper poker SH - I have jumped about a bit with the limits but so far so good. i now spend 75% of my time watching decent vids and 25% playing - ok i have not played a lot and it could still go tits up.

i have a decent size bankroll now, so i aint playing with scared money anymore and i think this is probably one of the most important things that i have learnt. I have not played on FTP for a while now, so my new accounts are not tracked by ps - I have emailed full tilt and asked for a reload bonus. they said i should hear soon, as I do like the software and the 6max looks softish and i can get to silver again. Live coaching :)

my graph

my advice is dump SSS as soon as you have a bankroll to play BSS as it much more fun and profitable.

gl

Paul
    • Leo
      Leo
      Bronze
      Why all the hate towards SSS mate?
      Sh is so swingie :o

What went wrong?

With kind regards,
      Leo
    • punta
      punta
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Leo258
      Why all the hate towards SSS mate?
      Sh is so swingie :o

What went wrong?

With kind regards,
      Leo
      Didnt hate SSS when I played it, but I just find it so boring and NOT enjoyable - I think that you can make more money playing proper poker as SSS teachs you nothing about post play - as you just shove or fold. Its OK if you only have $50 from ps to start with - but I find the variance horrid. I made quite a bit quickly and then lost a lot quickly, playing 9 tables on FTP.

BUT I now HATE short stackers :) so i avoid FR. I play BSS 6max on mostly 1/2 tables and enjoy getting reads on players - which I think I have become quite good at - when multi tabling you just cant get the reads. Most of the time now, I do not even use a HUD. :D

I am not playing that much but doing OK - thinking of giving it a lot more of my time, as my business is on the brinkkkkkkkkkkkkk :(

So my update