This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] JTs 030713

• nipbourne
      nipbourne
      Bronze
      $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      8 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($12.28) 123bb
      UTG+1 ($9.35) 94bb
      MP1 ($14.61) 146bb
      MP2 ($10.11) 101bb
      Hero (CO) ($10.20) 102bb
      BTN ($10) 100bb
      SB ($5.37) 54bb
      BB ($13.10) 131bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 8 players) Hero is CO 10:heart: J:heart:
      1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.10, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.10, BTN calls $0.10, 1 fold, BB checks

Flop: 10:diamond: Q:heart: K:heart: ($0.45, 4 players)
      BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $0.30, 1 fold, BB folds, UTG+1 calls $0.30

Turn: 8:club: ($1.05, 2 players)
      UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

River: 4:spade: ($1.05, 2 players)
      UTG+1 checks, Hero checks
      46/7/0.7/70
  • 4 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: Not iso-raising here is a huge mistake. Make it 50cents, and expect to play HeadsUp in position with the initiative with a fairly strong and playable hand (high cards, suitedness, connectivity) vs a wide limping range. We don't want to let other players come along and have a chance at squeezing us out of the hand or coming along and getting a shot at taking money from the fish.

On the Flop and Turn I dont mind just betting twice. It's not exactly a value bet or a bluff. Sometimes we get called by draws, sometimes we can hit on the River and get paid off.

Thanks.
    • nipbourne
      nipbourne
      Bronze
      Preflop: Not iso-raising here is a huge mistake. Make it 50cents, and expect to play HeadsUp in position with the initiative with a fairly strong and playable hand (high cards, suitedness, connectivity) vs a wide limping range. We don't want to let other players come along and have a chance at squeezing us out of the hand or coming along and getting a shot at taking money from the fish.

if there is a fish behind me ,can i just call pf? ?(
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Iso-raising is still better. I think a huge fish would often overcall anyway behind you, and the limper is almost always going to be a huge fish so I prefer just trying to play headsup.

Limping makes more sense with weaker suited connectors like 45s especially if you think the limper doesn't limp/fold a lot preflop or check/fold on the flop and we don't really want to be playing with 5 high vs a calling station fish.

But JTs is a suited broadway hand, it is just so strong and is faring really well.
    • SpecialEdd
      SpecialEdd
      Bronze
      Why call if you can raise? :) I like to isolate with very wide range, even if i lose some in short term, the bad players pays you at the end. Also as the fish involved i like to have a bigger pots to play for, so raising is the best option.