How many SNGs do you play at one time?

• Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Hi, I used to play cash games but I got bored and now I want to start playing MTTs and SNGs... But the problem is that I have to be too tight on the beginning stages of the SNG, which is a big difference from BSS SH, so I get a bit bored. The solution is probably playing on more tables, so how many should I play?
  • 30 replies
    • brian997
      brian997
      Bronze
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/sng/151/
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      If I play SnG's I play sets of 6.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TribunCaesar
      Hmm, and can you ave reads on your opponents playing 6 in a row? I've got problems doing it even with 2 :\
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tosh5457
      Hmm, and can you ave reads on your opponents playing 6 in a row? I've got problems doing it even with 2 :\
      Well dont play 6 then. I play 9, doesn't mean everyone else has to. You asked a pretty retarted question. We dont know anything about how you play, or how many tables you can handle and such, and yet you ask this silly question.

Heres one for you guys! How tall am I? Should I be taller/shorter?
    • arjun2001
      arjun2001
      Bronze
      4 is perfect for me...... fit nicely on screen so you can watch all the action.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cannell555
      Well dont play 6 then. I play 9, doesn't mean everyone else has to. You asked a pretty retarted question. We dont know anything about how you play, or how many tables you can handle and such, and yet you ask this silly question.

And by insulting random people on internet you're a retard :) And by the way, it's retarded not retarted.

Anyway, thanks everyone, I'll be playing 2 or 3, then I might go to 4. I just wanted to see how many tables people played so I'd have an idea.
    • arjun2001
      arjun2001
      Bronze

You are 4 feet tall, and you should definitely be taller. Growth hormone injections?
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      6 at the same time, if I bust in one then I'll opne immidetly new one. Does it work? Well, got 10 buy-in downswing today (check Sharkscope platform Pokerstars user name Timukasr1).
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze

And by insulting random people on internet you're a retard :) And by the way, it's retarded not retarted.

Anyway, thanks everyone, I'll be playing 2 or 3, then I might go to 4. I just wanted to see how many tables people played so I'd have an idea.

Nice to see you picked up on a typing error. 10/10 for that. BTW the question is still dumb.

You asked "so how many tables should I play?". Answer is the same as before, how do we know?

So how do we know? How can that question be answered? please enlighten me!
    • ManniXXX
      ManniXXX
      Bronze
      What edge you lose from the lessened amount of reads when multi tabling is offset by the increase in profit per hour due to more games being played. At least thats the idea and specific reads become less important in an sng anyway.

To answer the question though, 4-6.
    • hyppolito
      hyppolito
      Bronze
      Hi, I used to play cash games but I got bored and now I want to start playing MTTs and SNGs... But the problem is that I have to be too tight on the beginning stages of the SNG, which is a big difference from BSS SH, so I get a bit bored. The solution is probably playing on more tables, so how many should I play?
      I think that if you play a MTT with 15min blinds, definitely is boring because you hard get involved with a hand and also is almost all the time with full tables...

What I generally do is to play 4 tables at once. 3 SNG and one MTT that will take long time (at least I hope :) )

Cheers,

Thiago
    • bckdrflush
      bckdrflush
      Bronze
      I'm playing usually 2 6max turbo at a time, sometimes 3 tables, esp if there's an MTT or satellite tourney mixed in.

I found with 4 tables that I could barely handle 2 heads up at once. But that's me. I have no idea how you could play more than 2 heads up at once. If I play 3, I can't play as a set.

Reads are very important to me, esp fold to steals, and ATS. If I know a player is weak, or fights back I can adjust accordingly. HU, I need even more concentration, because the flow of hands is important as well as the cards. There's more psychology in heads up possible, and I'm sure it helps to have more concentration at the time - considering the difference between first and second in a 6max.
    • jordgubban
      jordgubban
      Bronze
      I played 24 at a time when i was a sng robot lol.
    • rhinoneil
      rhinoneil
      Gold
      I prefer to play 2 stts max, occasionally with mtt running also.
      think its just down to personal preference. Any more than that I cant concentrate. In fact most of the time i play only one table. This might reduce my profir per hour in theory but in reality when I play one table i win more often.
      I would suggest that if you are new to stts, start off with one table only then increase them as and when you want to
    • Grimzor
      Grimzor
      Bronze
      I play 4 SNGs at a time, regular non-turbo ones. I personally like to play sets so i can have a break in between too. If i bust out very early then i might open new one right away but such situation is kinda rare.

4 is optimal for me because then i can also check chat some time and even if i get 4xHU i can somehow manage to keep up with it. 4 x HU is kinda a lot tho so sometimes i take some time between starting first 2 SNGs and last 2 of my set. Just so it spreads out a bit. So far the most action i have had is 2xHU and 1x 3way, was fun :D

Anyway, cannell555 has point too, while his word choice might not be the most polite, he tells the truth. We cant tell you how many tables you should play - it depends on your play style, your ability to multitable, limit... even your screen size. And it really doesnt mater what we tell you as well. I suggest you should play 50 tables at the same time. So.. will you do it?
    • Azbers
      Azbers
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jordgubban
      Thats pretty much unbelivable so go hug a tree:P pics or it didnt happen!
      And about OP, start with 2-3(i like playing 3) then when u feel comfortable add 1 and so on, like the strategy says.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Azbers
      Originally posted by jordgubban
      Thats pretty much unbelivable so go hug a tree:P pics or it didnt happen!
      And about OP, start with 2-3(i like playing 3) then when u feel comfortable add 1 and so on, like the strategy says.
      look on you tube, guys play 54 SnG's regulary.
    • masfe
      masfe
      Bronze
      It's not that hard with some scripts for pokerstars. I played 12 a lot of times and i had a lot of time at least at early levels. Late levels i think i could do 16, more than that would be hard
    • Sai7
      Sai7
      Bronze
      plus, this is jordgubban, the legendary guy who made a bankroll to $10000 in an instant.