CO: $8.81
      BTN: $10.00
      SB: $10.00
      Hero (BB): $11.75
      UTG: $10.30
      MP: $11.63

SB posts SB $0.05, Hero posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has K:club: K:diamond:

UTG raises to $0.30, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.90, fold, Hero raises to $2.30, fold, BTN calls $1.40

Flop: ($4.95, 2 players) J:heart: 5:diamond: 2:heart:
      Hero bets $3.10, BTN calls $3.10

Turn: ($11.15, 2 players) T:diamond:
      Hero bets $6.35 and is all-in, BTN calls $4.60 and is all-in

River: ($20.35, 2 players) 8:club:

Hero shows K:club: K:diamond: (One Pair, Kings) (Pre 68%, Flop 53%, Turn 70%)
      BTN mucks Q:heart: A:heart: (High Card, Ace) (Pre 32%, Flop 47%, Turn 30%)
      Hero wins $19.35

Preflop: raiser from BTN has to be strong because he 3bet UTG opener. I am oop so there is no point in trapping by calling. I 4bet to standart 22-23bb and hope to get a shove/call from either one.

Flop: If calling range for BTN is like JJ+, AJ+ then at this point JJ and AA(unlike to have) beat us. Other than that our value hands are QQ, flush draws, AK.
      Bet sizing could have been bigger I guess.

Turn: Blank for flush draws and he is not likely to hold TT. I go for shove to get all flush draws to call and QQ.

Q: Should I adjust somehow 4bet size?
      Q: If I would bet large (close to pot) would not that scare away flush draws and leave only KK,AA,JJ to continue?
  • 4 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Your preflop play is good.

On this flop I wouldn't bet so big. This is a 4bet pot and the SPR is quite small, so we don't need such big bets. I would bet around $2.2-$2.3 here.

On the turn with him left with less than pot size bet, shoving is the best play.

Best,
      Plamen
    • ilioas
      ilioas
      Bronze
      On this flop I wouldn't bet so big. This is a 4bet pot and the SPR is quite small, so we don't need such big bets. I would bet around $2.2-$2.3 here.

Are not we giving away odds for all flush draws to call?
      - What to do if we get shoved?
      - What to do if flush card comes up on turn?
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      How many FD's do you think he should have in his 4-bet calling range :D So don't be afraid of them.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CPallo
      How many FD's do you think he should have in his 4-bet calling range :D So don't be afraid of them.
      This.

Also, we are not afraid of giving him good odds, since SPR is small, and he is likely to just jam with any FD.

Overall, in pots where the SPR is smaller, we should consider making smaller bets.

If the flush hits the turn, I'm going broke as well.