This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 6max KQo BB

• ilioas
      ilioas
      Bronze
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

BTN: $20.02
      SB: $18.73
      Hero (BB): $12.90
      UTG: $11.26
      MP: $11.22
      CO: $10.15

SB posts SB $0.05, Hero posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has K:spade: Q:heart:

fold, fold, CO raises to $0.30, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.90, CO calls $0.60

Flop: ($1.85, 2 players) J:diamond: 9:spade: A:diamond:
      Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: ($1.85, 2 players) 4:club:
      Hero bets $1.40, CO calls $1.40

River: ($4.65, 2 players) 8:diamond:
      Hero bets $2.90, fold

Hero wins $4.42

KQo is in my 3bet bluff range so here vs an CO opener I make a 3bet.

3bet calling range from position could be a little wider than normal, but still pacled with Ax and TT+
      flop is wet and it hits a lot villains range. So my plan is to CHK/Fold flop.

Turn: After he checks back, it does not look he has Ax hand or it is with low kicker. And my 3bet range still most likely has AK,AQ, AJ hands.
      So I plan on betting the turn and betting the river.
      Bet sizing now is on a larger scale.

River: flush card is not the best card, but I guess villain will have plenty of one,two pair hands, straights, KK,QQ that will fold to river bet.
      Bet sizing was supposed to be a pure value bet. Not too big but not too small to induce loose calling with worse than flush.
      Against a shove I would fold then.
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Ilioas,

Preflop: When we 3-bet OOP we should add more Bbs to our raise. 10-12 BB would be my standard.

Postflop: Since we raised smaller his calling range should be wider.

The board hits our perceived range somewhat and we should bet/fold the flop.

As played I like your bet size on both streets and your thought process. Some villains will be call happy in this spot but if he ends up calling light we make a note and value bet only next time.