$4.15
      MP3:
      $21.35
      CO:
      $18.80
      BU:
      $9.05

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.58 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q:spade: , Q:diamond:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, 3 folds, BU calls $1.00, SB folds, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($3.10) K:club: , 8:diamond: , 8:spade: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, BU bets $1.00, BB folds, Hero calls $1.00.

Turn: ($5.10) 4:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($5.10) 5:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.25, BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back..

Final Pot: $5.10

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, queens and eights (Qs Qd)

Hero wins with two pairs, queens and eights (Qs Qd)

bad play by me in general esp. river bet shoulda pushed if anything but its positions like this that seem to be getting me the most $

Known players:
      SB:
      $1.90
      BB:
      $6.80
      UTG+1:
      $9.27
      UTG+2:
      $3.69
      MP1:
      $12.84
      MP2:
      $1.90
      MP3:
      $10.58
      CO:
      $3.99
      Hero:
      $2.05

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.58 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with J:club: , T:club: . MP3 posts a blind of $0.15. CO posts a blind of $0.15.
      UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls $0.10, 2 folds, MP3 checks, CO checks, Hero calls $0.10, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.65) 5:diamond: , 3:spade: , T:diamond: (5 players)
      BB checks, UTG+2 checks, MP3 checks, CO bets $0.50, Hero raises to $1.95 (All-In), 3 folds, CO calls $1.45.

Final Pot: $4.55

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, tens and fives (Jc Tc)
      CO shows a pair of fives (Qd 8d)

Hero wins with two pairs, tens and fives (Jc Tc)

another dodgy play here.
  • 2 replies
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      First hand:
      In a multiway pot you're basically holding trash on the flop because of the overcard. With the 1/3pot bet Villain made IP, it looks like he wants to pick up the pot. According to SSS you should play c/f here.

If you think he's trying to steal the pot here, you should raise his bet, because calling still gives you no information at all. The problem with calling is, what do you do when he bets the turn?

I would still play c/f here, since I've seen it happen often enough that Villain was holding the K here. And I don't feel like to risk my complete stack in this situation.

Second hand:
      On these limits I'd just fold it preflop. There is alot of deadmoney here, but in such a case you should just raise and try to pick up the pot preflop, instead of calling.
      However, I can't recommend that in this situation, so just fold preflop.
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      Hi jmackenzie,

The first hand is not that bad, when you raise the flop no better hand will fold. On the river its close, no better hand will call a push but maybe pockets will call a bet. so not nice hand but ok

The 2nd hand is just awful, I don't like your call preflop your flopplay nothing, to be honest its just burning money. In this Hand you where just lucky, you isolate yourself against better T's 2pairs sets over pairs flush draws with over cards etc. Just check/fold the flop 3 people are sitting behind you they can easily check raise there sets.

Best Regards

Ysessa