CO: $10.00
      BTN: $6.55
      SB: $8.57
      Hero (BB): $10.00
      UTG: $12.93
      MP: $12.45

SB posts SB $0.05, Hero posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has J:club: T:club:

fold, MP calls $0.10, fold, BTN raises to $0.30, fold, Hero calls $0.20, MP calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.95, 3 players) 5:spade: 8:spade: 7:club:
      Hero bets $0.50, MP calls $0.50, fold

Turn: ($1.95, 2 players) 5:club:
      Hero checks, MP bets $1.20, Hero calls $1.20

River: ($4.35, 2 players) Q:heart:
      Hero checks, MP bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30

MP shows 3:diamond: 4:diamond: (One Pair, Fives) (Pre 37%, Flop 31%, Turn 16%)
      Hero shows J:club: T:club: (One Pair, Fives) (Pre 63%, Flop 69%, Turn 84%)
      Hero wins $4.71

Wierd hand but still a hand.

Preflop action comes to me with good odds and with such a playable cards I go for a call.

Flop is low and given the fact that I have two overcards, straight draw and backdoor flush, I decide to lead one street and hopefullt take it down. Bet sizing here could probably be a little more, but against miltiway, this should work too.

Turn: only limper is left in the hand and turn brings up a flush draw for me.
      with given draws and villain passiveness I go for chk/call a decent sized bet. Bad thing here is of course the fact that I still have J high. That means I even do not beat villains flush draws.

River: blank for me, so there is nothing left to fold.
      But villains bet of 0,30 really screams for "look at my hand".
      I recall that the player was a fish, so I took a shot and called.

Though overall a poorly played hand from my side.
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      Hi Ilioas,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: I think that you are overplaying your hand.

First, you are against 2 potential fish, one limper and one short. Second we bet so small that anything can float us.

Our equity is poor at best and we really don't want to be b luffing into fish but mostly play for pure value.

So ck/fold flop. As played we should bet the turn and get him to fold his floats (given our small flop donk) and river can be a barrel too given the card.