Ah an introduction...

• ListenAces
      ListenAces
      Bronze
      Okay so now I've decided to join this site.
      Mostly because I thought the $10 offer sounds neat.
      Turns out that I need to reboot to windows to be able to register at 770 or Titan. (Run Linux)
      Since I already have money on another site I'm in no hurry to go trough that hassle.
      Maybe I'll make one of them my SNG site so I don't mix up the Fix limit notes with SNG notes.
      Still having to use windows for anything is a hassle, maybe I only need it for registering as
      that seemed to be the snag.

Yeah whatever.
      Now that I know that my bankroll won't grow by $10 I might as well use this forum some.
      Chat with other players and see what this place have to offer besides the vids. :f_cool:

So about me.
      I've played some years ago up to 25c/50c fixed hold'em.
      Recently started over in 2c/4c and are doing okay.
      Trying to get back into shape basically.

I'm a couple of $ short of the limit I'm imposed on myself before moving up to 5c/10c
      and need all the help I can get to move upwards in the limits.

I use two charts from this site, starting hands and first in
      and have a self composed spreadsheath on the odds on the turn and river.
      I'm doing okay and slowly but surely gathering up money.
      I play two days a week + weekend and work part time so I plan on getting serious.

So that is me, looking forward to getting to know some of you guys on here. :f_biggrin:
  • 6 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi ListenAces

Welcome to PokerStategy.com!

Have you tried wine or cygwin to run Poker770?

I know that some .Net apps can be run under wine -- I don't know about cygwin.

If you decided not to play through a tracked room, you can take the quiz to achieve bronze level. Once bronze, you never go back.

It is also possible to purchase subscriptions to higher levels to access that level's content.

It is good to know that you practice sound bankroll management.
      If you're close the the lower limit for the next level -- take a shot -- 1 or maybe 2 BI at the new limit.

Just out of curiosity, what poker rooms do you play at that have native linux software?

All the best,
      --VS
    • ListenAces
      ListenAces
      Bronze
      Thanks!

No I run poker stars in wine so no one is running a native client that I know of.
      It is just that when I try to register in 770 or Titan the window just stalls with no activity.
      The client starts okay and seem to work besides registering.
      I'll try to register in windows later, but when you have Linux, rebooting seems like
      a hassle since my desktop is always on and "never" down.

Well yes I learned to take care of my bankroll in an article I read online many years ago.
      I liked your vid on bankroll management, gave me a refresh course on the whole thing.
      I like all the stuff you have in that fixed limit section.
      I want to stay true to my self imposed limit since I want to show myself that
      I'm ready for advancement by being able to gather a prescribed amount.
      If cash was all there was to it I could wire the cash over right away.
      But that would be cheating and wouldn't teach me anything...

I started with $35, for me a trivial amount. And have decided to build it to $40.
      I know that That is way above recommended amounts, but hey I'm stubborn...

Here is the graph of my progress after 61 sessions.

http://personalitycafe.com/attachments/spam-world/64790d1363126747-random-graph-graph.jpg

Big down swing from 27th session when I overloaded myself with the "first in chart".
      I've never considered what hands are good for blind steals in different positions.
      I just tried to bluff with crap when I thought people where weak.
      It is starting to slowly work for me now, just needed to integrate it. =)
    • ListenAces
      ListenAces
      Bronze
      Just wanted to mention that I managed to register at 770 in windows.
      It seems to work for playing in Linux as that works in the client. :f_cool:
      However opening cashier and such is out of bounds in Linux.

I got the $10 so thanks for that! :f_biggrin:

I will hopefully find some use for them maybe at SNG or some other game.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi ListenAces and congrats getting the free $10! :heart:

Good to see oyu got the software sorted out, I would have little clue there. Oh, I just had an idea that if you want to talk poker or anything else really and get to know people, why not start a blog?

It's a great way to get help and information and fun as well. Check out the Your Poker Blogs Forum here and see:

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/board.php?boardid=1435

Have fun,

Mal.
    • ListenAces
      ListenAces
      Bronze
      Thanks gadget51 I've gone and done just that! :f_grin:

Fixed limit FTW! =D
    • ListenAces
      ListenAces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by VorpalF2F
      If you're close the the lower limit for the next level -- take a shot -- 1 or maybe 2 BI at the new limit.
      Just so you know I followed your advice and smoothly transitioned over to 5c/10c
      without any major incident.
      Thanks for that! :f_biggrin:

I think I have chosen a too conservative approach when I take everything into account...
      Maybe I even could play 10c/20c?! :f_cool:

I'll give it a shot when I pass the magic $40 limit I set for myself previously. :f_grin: