[NL2-NL10] [SH] NL5 KJs 12-03-13 (speed)

• Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      IPoker, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $4.88 (97.6 bb)
      UTG: $5.45 (109 bb)
      Hero (MP): $5.61 (112.2 bb)
      CO: $1.72 (34.4 bb)
      BTN: $5.66 (113.2 bb)
      SB: $2.09 (41.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K J
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.15, 3 folds, BB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.32) K 7 9 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.24, BB raises to $0.48, Hero calls $0.24

Turn: ($1.28) Q (2 players)
      BB bets $0.45, Hero calls $0.45

River: ($2.18) T (2 players)
      BB bets $1.05, Hero raises to $4.53 and is all-in, BB calls $2.75 and is all-in

Hi, how is my line here...

Villain is rather unknown, I'd think he be to the fishy side.

KJs is ok to open with however it's a bit looser than my normal opening range, which might be a mistake when I do not do this usually, and I didn't know much about the blinds. I did it because I hadn't had much action so far, for a good time, so decided to open this and as it was suited it's not to bad.

Flop:
      I hit my K and decide to bet, when he checks.
      Then he reraises I get confused, but decide to call, as his line could be any other Kx, I'm not putting him on AK at this point and don't really think he hit this board, the min raise looked weak.
      I think I'm ahead of most Kx PP bluffs here...

Turn:
      He decides to make a small bet again, which I see as a weakness, however I might be better of raising here, but I don't know how far ahead/behind I am, decideing to call as my backdoor turned into a draw. My plan on river is to give up to a normal sized bet...

River:
      His bet does mean alot more on river, I don't think he bluffs any longer, but I can't see him having a better hand than me, so decided to shove...

Villain:
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Resilence,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: First, you have a straight flush so there's no better hand on the river. You beat Ax flushes :)

Now, based on our line I think that floating flop is fine with our hand and once we pick up gutshot+fd we can't fold. Raising would be an option to get value from his draws or weaker Kx. And we could look at making 1.5 or so. However calling is fine as well because we are just guestimating his range atm due to 0 info.

And river is LOL, fist pump !