[NL2-NL10] NL10 66 FH 3 way

• zachrina
      zachrina
      Bronze
      Hi,

So here I flop the world and decide to slowplay. Is this not a good idea here?
      I was pretty sure the original raiser would cbet here (but he didn't).

Full Tilt, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 8 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP1: $8.02 (80.2 bb)
      MP2: $10 (100 bb)
      MP3: $12.43 (124.3 bb)
      CO: $10.72 (107.2 bb)
      BTN: $4.19 (41.9 bb)
      SB: $10 (100 bb)
      BB: $14.85 (148.5 bb)
      Hero (UTG+2): $10 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with 6 6
      Hero calls $0.10, 3 folds, CO raises to $0.50, 2 folds, BB calls $0.40, Hero calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.55) T 6 T (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, CO checks

Is my slowplay okay here??

Turn: ($1.55) 7 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, CO checks

I realise now that my only chance of any value would've probably been on the flop and decide to check again. A poorly played big hand??
  • 6 replies
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      i think checking the flop in this case is probably okay. people cbet a lot in general (unless you have some info) and we can probably slowplay the flop. the other option is donk betting the flop but look at how your range appears. if you call preflop (look like you're speculating) then lead into two other people on a paired flop i think it looks pretty strong so i'm not a fan of leading the flop.

i think the biggest mistake is in checking the turn. any :heart: now has a FD and will definitely call you so you absolutely have to bet the turn. straight draws and FDs will call all day.
    • yougotfelted51
      yougotfelted51
      Bronze
      checking flop is fine, mandatory turn bet though vs fds/gutters/7x/88-99 etc
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Zach,

Preflop: Why are we open limping here? We should always raise first in unless you have a table full of fish

Postflop: As played CO, the PFR, is still left to act and we can check to him. However, since we played this hand fishy "limp/calling" we can donk 0.5 and play it like a fish :)

This way we may induce some raises from villains or light calls.

As played we need to bet the turn.
    • zachrina
      zachrina
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Zach,

Preflop: Why are we open limping here? We should always raise first in unless you have a table full of fish

Postflop: As played CO, the PFR, is still left to act and we can check to him. However, since we played this hand fishy "limp/calling" we can donk 0.5 and play it like a fish :)

Hi, Bogdan,
      I open limp as when I raise and get 3bet I then have to fold as I'm not getting correct implieds. When I limp and get 3bet I can still call for set value. Should I always be raising FI? If I aren't happy raising is it recommended I fold?

Cheers,
      Zach
    • msnek
      msnek
      Silver
      Ok so IMHO raise it preflop. If you have open-limping included in your game .. stop it ! Open raise a hand or fold that hand. If there was some limping already done or some raising done before you .. you can consider if just calling is a good idea.

Anyway, you flopped world. That's right. Now, we have 2 options here. Slowplay or bet it right away. Slowplay is probably fine and we are doing this because we know this kind of flopp is missed for almost everyone large % of the time = everybody will have complete air large % of the time on such a board. So we will check our full boat and 1) hoping somebody will take a stab into this flop and/or 2) give them free card so they will hit something on the turn.

On the other hand .. I think betting this flop right away could be fine in some spots. For example if we are against very very good player who is thinking learning one and he knows this kind of flop is missed usually for everyone (as I talked about above), so he can check this flop with intention to check-raise. In that case we should bet/call and let him bluff other streets too. But keep in mind here we are talking about situation where we were agressors PF (we raised with our PP) and now we are doing "standard" c-bet.

As played I would bet the turn already.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong :)
    • msnek
      msnek
      Silver
      Originally posted by zachrina
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Zach,

Hi, Bogdan,
      I open limp as when I raise and get 3bet I then have to fold as I'm not getting correct implieds. When I limp and get 3bet I can still call for set value. Should I always be raising FI? If I aren't happy raising is it recommended I fold?

Cheers,
      Zach
      I think this is wrong approach. IF you open limp and somobedy raises you won't have good odds to call his raise (even if only standard 3x-4xBB raise) always - you forget about shortstackers !! So on these cases you will be putting just more dead money into the pot and you will be forced to fold.

Feel free to correct me if wrong.