This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Call Me Phil Ivey!

• Acespeci
      Acespeci
      Bronze
      Watagwaan Guys
      Hello

I want to take poker seriously.
      Guess I need to write a blog..

Little About Myself
      My name is Speci and I am 24 yr old From a Caribbean country called Jamaica or Bob Marley Country.

How Long you been playing?
      Been playing real money Poker since my PS account open -6 months

My Poker Career thus far:
      I applied for the no deposit bankroll on Pokerstrategy but I only got $10 because i didnt clear the total amount in time. I didnt know I got it. I grind SNG micros with it until my VIP status improve to silver on Titan Poker. I was able to play the $5000 monthly freeroll for silver status players. I entered the tournament and finish 3rd $460. I won a huge boost to my bankroll. :s_grin:

Confuse with alot of Money
      I was so rich over night I didnt know what to do with the money. I switch limit and variant often because i was so new to poker. I switch from SNG to CG, CG to SNG ( more than 5 times) :f_frown:

I didnt know what it is like to grind from starting capital.

At 1 point I was playin NL 2 with a $500 BR because i was scared of CG and needed practise because I was SNG player.

I started multi-tabling at NL5 comfortably but:-

The traffic on Titan Poker is bad for me especially because I am from Jamaica (6 hours behind Time zone) plus:
      -not much Table Selection
      -Too many Regulars

I hate Titan Poker! ..and I cant even withdraw because I cant get a Credit Card as yet in Jamaica to transfer to another site.

Was glad when I got a $2 CG ticket from Full Tilt Poker. I grind the ticket among the fishes then Transfer $10 to my Poker Stars account to play their Soft SNG (the limit levels move slowly). :f_love:

Starting Over
      Now I am starting fresh on Poker Stars.

BR $43

Will be moving soon NL5 with 20 BI since i can always drop down to Pokerstars soft micro SNG

Goals
      :heart: 6bb/100hands
      :diamond: NL10 next month
      :club: Watch Videos and learn more
      :spade: Get my Credit/Visa Card

Long-Term Goal
      :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: Be Pro

Wish me luck guys :f_thumbsup:
      I will update my blog often
  • 120 replies
    • Acespeci
      Acespeci
      Bronze
      Sorry guys I had to take a hiatus from poker to start all over and build my Bankroll back up.

My Titan Poker account got shut down/ceased like 'Black Friday' so I had to withdraw all of $450 by check because I dont have a credit card. It took a month to get mail to me then another month for my Bank to clear the check then another month for me to move on and start all over.

I wish I could deposit it on another poker site.

Now I am building my Bankroll on Pokerstars again from nothing ($0) hoping to be a Poker Pro someday.
    • Acespeci
      Acespeci
      Bronze
      I had to switch from MSS fullring cash games to MTT because I wasnt getting anywhere with the MSS and MTT build your bankroll faster. I will move to MSS someday when MTT variance start getting annoying. I also play a few Gtd $ Tournaments and I won a few decent $ to boost my bankroll.

I will play Gtd $ Tournaments sometimes but the hours are too long to get decent cash. Hoping I will final table them someday. :s_biggrin:
    • Acespeci
      Acespeci
      Bronze
      I am happy I was able to deposit the money I won on Titan Poker before my account got ceased to Pokerstars. Now I can benefit from Pokerstars First Deposit Bonus and it is a nice insurance while I grind the MTT.

Goal
      :heart: When I have earned all my 1st Deposit Bonus at pokerstars I will deposit on another site to to benefit from their Bonus too.

:heart: I will play big Guaranteed $ Tournament once a week or play those satellites.
    • Acespeci
      Acespeci
      Bronze
      Will be playing the Bigger $3.30 with 12K Guarantee on Pokerstars at Midnight since theres less traffic.

I have cash in it a few times hope I make a huge cash this time.
    • Acespeci
      Acespeci
      Bronze
      Last month was decent but no big cash in any of the Guaranteed $ Tournament that I play once in awhile and I managed to take shots on the $1 45man MTT. Now I am a regular there multi-tabling 4 tables.

My Goals for July
      :heart: crush my current limit
      :heart: win 1st place more when HU
      :heart: Increase tables
      :heart: clear my deposit bonus
    • Acespeci
      Acespeci
      Bronze
      I played in the Bigger $5 Tournament today made a lil cash. Was placed in an impressive 393 out of 9652 players.

I dont like playing Tournament on a Sunday too many players :D

I got knocked out with AK vs 10-6 hitting a full boat

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      I also want to live in Jamaica :D Good luck sir. This will be a long journey with lots of ups and downs. Don't underestimate the mental side of it ;)

Gl
    • Acespeci
      Acespeci
      Bronze

Am excited about the Micro Millions running from July 18-29th

Hope I ship 1 of these tournaments and double my Bankroll :D
      Will try and play in a few of these

I got a free tournament ticket to the Micro Million from Pokerstars :f_p:
    • Acespeci
      Acespeci
      Bronze
      Current Bankroll :$405
      Bonus to be cleared : $125

Active Poker Site: Pokerstars
    • Acespeci
      Acespeci
      Bronze
      Welcome to blog

Originally posted by Farmarchist
      I also want to live in Jamaica :D Good luck sir. This will be a long journey with lots of ups and downs. Don't underestimate the mental side of it ;)

Gl

Thanks for your encouraging words. Will take your advice.

I dont make the ups and downs bother me am 'cool mon'. Poker is 'no problem mon' :D

You should visit Jamaica someday. We got sunshine, beaches and Rastas.
    • TJtheTJ
      TJtheTJ
      Bronze
      Sunshine, beaches, rastas, and epic English accents :coolface:

Good luck with the goals! Hopefully I'll see you at some MM FTs!
    • Acespeci
      Acespeci
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TinoLaan
      Sunshine, beaches, rastas, and epic English accents :coolface:

Good luck with the goals! Hopefully I'll see you at some MM FTs!

Thanks Tino :s_grin:

Let me know how you doing in the Micro Million
    • Acespeci
      Acespeci
      Bronze
      I played 4 Micro million in a day was so tired not even coffee could help me :D

I couldnt managed to play the next Micro-Million Torny that I had planned to play the next day because I over slep ..LOL

I can hardly update my blog because Micro Million taking a toll on me

:s_biggrin:
    • Acespeci
      Acespeci
      Bronze
      July wasnt so bad. I got a few cashes in the Big $2 5K Gtd and the bigger $3 12k Gtd.

Taking shots at the $1 45man MTT I realize I didnt have a future there. I would play 20 tables without being in the money or min cashing. Plus I am more than roll for the $1 45 man MTT but I am not getting nowhere.

It is not the variance because I am hardly in push or fold mode. It is because other players accumulating more chips than me. Resulting in me being bubble boy or min cashing or stealing my blinds. I try to resteal some but still not getting sufficient chips to compete for 1st.

With 45man your ROI too low.

I will now end my Bankroll Building chapter and start playing MSS. I will play Big Tournaments once in awhile. I make the most money from Big Tournaments.
    • Acespeci
      Acespeci
      Bronze
      My Goals for August
      :heart: Stick with MSS Cash Game
      :heart: Adopt to Mid stack strategy
      :heart: reach the limit I am suppose to play
      :heart: play Big Tornies once in awhile

I have the Bankroll to play NL25 MSS But I will start at NL10 maybe on the Ipoker network. Too many pros on Pokerstars and too many players to collect HEM data on.
    • Acespeci
      Acespeci
      Bronze
      I deposited on Poker770 to play their cash game while I clear their bonus but it didnt go so well; I lost 10BI in 2hours. X(

The players there are too tight. You will have to wait till you get AA and hope someone has KK to win a big pot.

I dont like cash games anymore; its very boring to me.

Dont know how I am going to clear that $430 pending bonus. lol
    • Acespeci
      Acespeci
      Bronze

The deposit I made and the SPs I generate while playing Cash Games will enable me to play in this Torny.

I will playing in this in 8 days time. Hope I cash big :s_biggrin:
    • Acespeci
      Acespeci
      Bronze
      I ran deep in the big $5.50 had 400K chips in 10th out of 60 players then my electricity went away for 1.5 hrs and when the electricity came back I saw I just got blinded out :s_frown:

My Wifi router suppose to switch to battery when there is a power cut but it didnt X( (stupid technology)

Will have to have my mobile phone ready just incase the power cut happen again while am playing a big Tournament.

I could Final Table that tourney; I didnt have a chance to play push or fold poker just got blinded out because of the power cut. :f_frown:
    • Acespeci
      Acespeci
      Bronze
      I been following the WSOP 2013 Main Event. I think it is making me play better. :D

Its entertaining to watch with an excellent coverage.

Episode 7 will be out next week