• Acespeci
      Acespeci
      Bronze
      Watagwaan Guys
      Hello

I want to take poker seriously.
      Guess I need to write a blog..

Little About Myself
      My name is Speci and I am 24 yr old From a Caribbean country called Jamaica or Bob Marley Country.

How Long you been playing?
      Been playing real money Poker since my PS account open -6 months

My Poker Career thus far:
      I applied for the no deposit bankroll on Pokerstrategy but I only got $10 because i didnt clear the total amount in time. I didnt know I got it. I grind SNG micros with it until my VIP status improve to silver on Titan Poker. I was able to play the $5000 monthly freeroll for silver status players. I entered the tournament and finish 3rd $460. I won a huge boost to my bankroll. :s_grin:

Confuse with alot of Money
      I was so rich over night I didnt know what to do with the money. I switch limit and variant often because i was so new to poker. I switch from SNG to CG, CG to SNG ( more than 5 times) :f_frown:

I didnt know what it is like to grind from starting capital.

At 1 point I was playin NL 2 with a $500 BR because i was scared of CG and needed practise because I was SNG player.

I started multi-tabling at NL5 comfortably but:-

The traffic on Titan Poker is bad for me especially because I am from Jamaica (6 hours behind Time zone) plus:
      -not much Table Selection
      -Too many Regulars

I hate Titan Poker! ..and I cant even withdraw because I cant get a Credit Card as yet in Jamaica to transfer to another site.

Was glad when I got a $2 CG ticket from Full Tilt Poker. I grind the ticket among the fishes then Transfer $10 to my Poker Stars account to play their Soft SNG (the limit levels move slowly). :f_love:

Starting Over
      Now I am starting fresh on Poker Stars.

BR $43

Will be moving soon NL5 with 20 BI since i can always drop down to Pokerstars soft micro SNG

Goals
      :heart: 6bb/100hands
      :diamond: NL10 next month
      :club: Watch Videos and learn more
      :spade: Get my Credit/Visa Card

Long-Term Goal
      :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: Be Pro

Wish me luck guys :f_thumbsup:
      I will update my blog often
  • 120 replies
    • Acespeci
      Acespeci
      Bronze
      Sorry guys I had to take a hiatus from poker to start all over and build my Bankroll back up.

My Titan Poker account got shut down/ceased like 'Black Friday' so I had to withdraw all of $450 by check because I dont have a credit card. It took a month to get mail to me then another month for my Bank to clear the check then another month for me to move on and start all over.

I wish I could deposit it on another poker site.

Now I am building my Bankroll on Pokerstars again from nothing ($0) hoping to be a Poker Pro someday.
    • Acespeci
      Acespeci
      Bronze
      I had to switch from MSS fullring cash games to MTT because I wasnt getting anywhere with the MSS and MTT build your bankroll faster. I will move to MSS someday when MTT variance start getting annoying. I also play a few Gtd $ Tournaments and I won a few decent $ to boost my bankroll.

I will play Gtd $ Tournaments sometimes but the hours are too long to get decent cash. Hoping I will final table them someday. :s_biggrin:
    • Acespeci
      Acespeci
      Bronze
      I am happy I was able to deposit the money I won on Titan Poker before my account got ceased to Pokerstars. Now I can benefit from Pokerstars First Deposit Bonus and it is a nice insurance while I grind the MTT.

Goal
      :heart: When I have earned all my 1st Deposit Bonus at pokerstars I will deposit on another site to to benefit from their Bonus too.

:heart: I will play big Guaranteed $ Tournament once a week or play those satellites.
    • Acespeci
      Acespeci
      Bronze
      Will be playing the Bigger $3.30 with 12K Guarantee on Pokerstars at Midnight since theres less traffic.

I have cash in it a few times hope I make a huge cash this time.
    • Acespeci
      Acespeci
      Bronze
      Last month was decent but no big cash in any of the Guaranteed $ Tournament that I play once in awhile and I managed to take shots on the $1 45man MTT. Now I am a regular there multi-tabling 4 tables.

My Goals for July
      :heart: crush my current limit
      :heart: win 1st place more when HU
      :heart: Increase tables
      :heart: clear my deposit bonus
    • Acespeci
      Acespeci
      Bronze
      I played in the Bigger $5 Tournament today made a lil cash. Was placed in an impressive 393 out of 9652 players.

I dont like playing Tournament on a Sunday too many players :D

I got knocked out with AK vs 10-6 hitting a full boat

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      I also want to live in Jamaica :D Good luck sir. This will be a long journey with lots of ups and downs. Don't underestimate the mental side of it ;)

Gl
    • Acespeci
      Acespeci
      Bronze

Am excited about the Micro Millions running from July 18-29th

Hope I ship 1 of these tournaments and double my Bankroll :D
      Will try and play in a few of these

I got a free tournament ticket to the Micro Million from Pokerstars :f_p:
    • Acespeci
      Acespeci
      Bronze
      Current Bankroll :$405
      Bonus to be cleared : $125

Active Poker Site: Pokerstars
    • Acespeci
      Acespeci
      Bronze
      Welcome to blog

Originally posted by Farmarchist
      I also want to live in Jamaica :D Good luck sir. This will be a long journey with lots of ups and downs. Don't underestimate the mental side of it ;)

Gl

Thanks for your encouraging words. Will take your advice.

I dont make the ups and downs bother me am 'cool mon'. Poker is 'no problem mon' :D

You should visit Jamaica someday. We got sunshine, beaches and Rastas.
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Sunshine, beaches, rastas, and epic English accents :coolface:

Good luck with the goals! Hopefully I'll see you at some MM FTs!
    • Acespeci
      Acespeci
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TinoLaan
      Sunshine, beaches, rastas, and epic English accents :coolface:

Good luck with the goals! Hopefully I'll see you at some MM FTs!

Thanks Tino :s_grin:

Let me know how you doing in the Micro Million
    • Acespeci
      Acespeci
      Bronze
      I played 4 Micro million in a day was so tired not even coffee could help me :D

I couldnt managed to play the next Micro-Million Torny that I had planned to play the next day because I over slep ..LOL

I can hardly update my blog because Micro Million taking a toll on me

:s_biggrin:
    • Acespeci
      Acespeci
      Bronze
      July wasnt so bad. I got a few cashes in the Big $2 5K Gtd and the bigger $3 12k Gtd.

Taking shots at the $1 45man MTT I realize I didnt have a future there. I would play 20 tables without being in the money or min cashing. Plus I am more than roll for the $1 45 man MTT but I am not getting nowhere.

It is not the variance because I am hardly in push or fold mode. It is because other players accumulating more chips than me. Resulting in me being bubble boy or min cashing or stealing my blinds. I try to resteal some but still not getting sufficient chips to compete for 1st.

With 45man your ROI too low.

I will now end my Bankroll Building chapter and start playing MSS. I will play Big Tournaments once in awhile. I make the most money from Big Tournaments.
    • Acespeci
      Acespeci
      Bronze
      My Goals for August
      :heart: Stick with MSS Cash Game
      :heart: Adopt to Mid stack strategy
      :heart: reach the limit I am suppose to play
      :heart: play Big Tornies once in awhile

I have the Bankroll to play NL25 MSS But I will start at NL10 maybe on the Ipoker network. Too many pros on Pokerstars and too many players to collect HEM data on.
    • Acespeci
      Acespeci
      Bronze
      I deposited on Poker770 to play their cash game while I clear their bonus but it didnt go so well; I lost 10BI in 2hours. X(

The players there are too tight. You will have to wait till you get AA and hope someone has KK to win a big pot.

I dont like cash games anymore; its very boring to me.

Dont know how I am going to clear that $430 pending bonus. lol
    • Acespeci
      Acespeci
      Bronze

The deposit I made and the SPs I generate while playing Cash Games will enable me to play in this Torny.

I will playing in this in 8 days time. Hope I cash big :s_biggrin:
    • Acespeci
      Acespeci
      Bronze
      I ran deep in the big $5.50 had 400K chips in 10th out of 60 players then my electricity went away for 1.5 hrs and when the electricity came back I saw I just got blinded out :s_frown:

My Wifi router suppose to switch to battery when there is a power cut but it didnt X( (stupid technology)

Will have to have my mobile phone ready just incase the power cut happen again while am playing a big Tournament.

I could Final Table that tourney; I didnt have a chance to play push or fold poker just got blinded out because of the power cut. :f_frown:
    • Acespeci
      Acespeci
      Bronze
      I been following the WSOP 2013 Main Event. I think it is making me play better. :D

Its entertaining to watch with an excellent coverage.

Episode 7 will be out next week