This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 6max BB multiway

• ilioas
      ilioas
      Bronze
      PartyGaming - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

SB: $13.78
      Hero (BB): $27.03
      UTG: $1.78
      CO: $8.52 42/15 - 143 hands
      BTN: $5.52

SB posts SB $0.05, Hero posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has T:diamond: 7:spade:

UTG calls $0.10, CO calls $0.10, BTN calls $0.10, fold, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.45, 4 players) T:spade: 5:heart: 6:diamond:
      Hero bets $0.20, fold, CO calls $0.20, fold

Turn: ($0.85, 2 players) J:diamond:
      Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($0.85, 2 players) A:club:
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.81, Hero calls $0.81

All limpers are fishes.
      Raising does not seem to be a great idea because I will have to play oop with no info on hand strength with weak holding. And bluffing fish on high card does not work well.

Flop: I flop TP and feel confident that fishes have some worse hands in their range.
      Due to multiway pot, I bet half pot to get info about their hand strength and potentially take down if they do not have a reasonable hands.

Betting turn maby was a mistake, but I wanted to take a safer way against fish on such board.

On river wanted to potcontroll and call.
      Though against pot bet I guess I do not have much of a value, but sudden pot sized bet looked suspicious too. Draws have missed and Tx hand villain most likely would bet on turn or even raised on flop.
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Flop: I think half potting is fine with top pair weak kicker. Sometimes we will get called by worse hands like straight draws or 5X/6X. It's also sort of a protection bet as we don't really want to give free cards to our opponents.

Turn: I don't think we can bet for value now so we check with the intention of calling.

River: Now he either reps some sort of Ace high float on the Flop, or rivered two pair (Aces up) or a bluff (either 5X being turned into a bluff or a busted straight draw).

I think we are good here often enough to justify a call, unless you had more info on villain's tendencies.

Thanks.