ilioas
      Bronze
      PartyGaming - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

UTG: $13.78
      Hero (MP): $17.64
      CO: $2.08
      BTN: $8.52
      SB: $11.41 35/6 - 52 hands Cbets (2of2), FCbet(2of3)
      BB: $4.00

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has 4:club: 4:heart:

fold, Hero raises to $0.30, CO calls $0.30, fold, SB calls $0.25, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($1.20, 4 players) 4:diamond: A:heart: K:spade:
      SB checks, BB bets $0.57, Hero calls $0.57, fold, SB calls $0.57

Turn: ($2.91, 3 players) 3:spade:
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $1.50, SB calls $1.50, BB calls $1.50

River: ($7.41, 3 players) Q:club:
      SB bets $3.52, BB calls $1.63 and is all-in, Hero calls $3.52

SB shows J:spade: Q:spade: (One Pair, Queens) (Pre 39%, Flop 16%, Turn 24%)
      BB shows A:diamond: 2:diamond: (One Pair, Aces) (Pre 28%, Flop 7%, Turn 7%)
      Hero shows 4:club: 4:heart: (Three of a Kind, Fours) (Pre 33%, Flop 77%, Turn 69%)
      Hero wins $3.59
      Hero wins $11.69

Preflop: all callers are fishes again.

Given the fact that a lot are fishes, I expect them to go broke with any Ax, give some value with Kx and even value from underpairs. So I do not ahve to be afraid of someone having a higher set or straight draw.

Turn: SB looks to have something and half pot could mean flush draw or some Ax,Kx hand. Here I hoped someone will shove over my tiny bet.

River: flush missed. Possibility that someone has floated with JT is doubtable. Although bet sizing does not signal that.

I guess here on river I should have shoved to get all value from Ax,Kx,two pair hands.

Although at that point I was into safe mode and was cautious of getting into too much trouble. So Call was a safe line.
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Flop: BB is only 40bb deep. We are not in a hurry to raise and get the money in against him. I don't mind letting someone come along cheaply. The board is so dry.

Turn: Both of them check. It's time to build the pot and try to play for stacks vs one of them who is weaker player. I think your half pot bet is way too small. bet 2.50 here and shove the River.

River: If someone has JT here it's too bad, but we cannot fold. I think they can show up with many worse hands like AX or some twopairs like AK AQ. Should we have shoved though? I think so. SB's range is a lot wider than JT and higher sets so we are losing out on a lot of value by not shoving here.

But we should have just bet larger on the Turn in the first place

Thanks.