This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH, JJ vs BU OR

• dienaszaglis
      dienaszaglis
      Bronze
      $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      PokerStars
      5 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($8.60) 86bb
      CO ($7.63) 76bb
      BTN ($11.19) 112bb 19/16, 32h
      HERO (SB) ($10.05) 101bb
      BB ($10.15) 102bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 5 players) HERO is SB J:diamond: J:club:
      2 folds, BTN raises to $0.25, HERO raises to $0.90, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.65

Flop: A:spade: 5:spade: 4:club: ($1.90, 2 players)
      HERO checks, BTN checks

Turn: A:club: ($1.90, 2 players)
      HERO checks, BTN bets $0.90, HERO calls $0.90

River: 10:club: ($3.70, 2 players)
      HERO checks, BTN checks

Final Pot: $3.70
      HERO shows two pair, Aces and Jacks
      J:diamond: J:club:
      BTN shows two pair, Aces and Queens
      Q:spade: Q:club:

BTN wins $3.53 (net +$1.73)

HERO lost $1.80

PRE
      I think, that JJ is strong enough to 3-bet for value against unknown. Plenty worse calls, also I`m OOP and initiative is nice.

FLOP
      I don`t like to c-bet here, most of his range are Ax hands, and pocketpairs would check back anyway.

TURN
      When the A pairs, my plan is to check it down. I think, I have to call, after I shoved weakness on the flop&turn. He could be be betting worse here.

RIVER
      Villain probably would never bet worse again, so plan is to c/f.
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Flop: Checking flop is reasonable vs a bad/mediocre player. They will often misplay their hand vs your flop check by either bluffing too much or paying you off too light later on.

Turn: This is a good card for us. He rarely has QQ/KK here, the Ace reduces the likelihood of us having one ourselves, and it brings a 2nd flush draw to the board. I would bet 1.30 here and decide on the river. Maybe we can bet again on a blank river for thin value.