$50.00
      BB:
      $55.20
      MP2:
      $63.42
      MP3:
      $131.56

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9, A.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1.25, BU calls $1.25, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($3.25) 8, K, 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.01, BU calls $2.01.

Turn: ($7.27) 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.50, BU calls $4.50.

River: ($16.27) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Final Pot: $16.27.

BU is unknown

Seems to be a standard-Spot, but what line should I choose here?

Flop: CBet is standard on such a board.

Possible plans: -Bet once + c/f twice--->He folds his crap and sometimes I realize my little SD-value
      -barreling twice or three times--->a bluff...I can bring some PPs,8x,AT/AJ,...to a fold and payout mainly Kx,...

Sounds nice or some wrong thoughts?

as played: Turn: My hand is too good to bluff, but too weak for valuebetting (maybe A8/78/sometimes 77)--->c/c for bluffcatching maxEV? Once or twice?

Are the two gameplans I mentioned ok? With some stats it would be easier to know which one is better, but what would you prfer here? How should I change my plan on that Turn?
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

You should realize that your Turn bet almost never serves any purpose. He probably folds 8X or worse, and he never folds KX on the Turn. So the only lines which makes sense is to barrel Turn with the intention of bluffing many rivers (using this as a 5-out semi-bluff) or you just check and check/fold.

On this dry flop, I just think his calling range is gonna be fairly strong and I don't see too many floats in his Flop calling range. So check, because we cannot bet for value, and fold because we are behind his betting range.

Betting Flop and Turn has to be the worst play by far, we just pay him more money vs his stronger hands and fold out his worse hands. Even C/C is better than betting Turn, but still probably worse than C/F or Betting T and R.

Thanks.