Build bankroll from MTTs?

• Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Hi, I used to play BSS SH but I got bored. I don't like SNGs either, so the only left on hold'em is MTTs, and they're the only ones I got patience to play. Is it possible to build a bankroll just playing big fields tournaments freezouts? I want to keep playing poker but I find SNGs and cash games boring...

• 3 replies
    • bckdrflush
      bckdrflush
      Bronze
      I have read that If you don't play more than 2.5% of your roll on any one tourney it should be ok.

That means for 5$ tourney you need $200 min. I did this playing 180 MTT's, and did fairly well at the 2-4$ level. Unfortunately I didn't know BRM at the time and used my big wins to enter 24$ tourneys!! Didn't cash enough there to avoid broke. I played a lot of 8$ tourneys to get 24$ entries..for a short while X(

I'm mixing in one or two MTT's with SnG's, for excitement once in a while, but honestly MTT's are less exciting for me than SnG's due to having to play so tight.

Then again 6max MTT's aren't so tight.
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tosh5457
      Hi, I used to play BSS SH but I got bored. I don't like SNGs either, so the only left on hold'em is MTTs, and they're the only ones I got patience to play. Is it possible to build a bankroll just playing big fields tournaments freezouts? I want to keep playing poker but I find SNGs and cash games boring...

Play the various 180player tourneys. And have atleast 100buyins in your bankroll when starting. Variance is bigger in MTTs.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Vargan
      Originally posted by Tosh5457

Play the various 180player tourneys. And have atleast 100buyins in your bankroll when starting. Variance is bigger in MTTs.
      Unfortunately titan poker only has 30 players SnGs, and that's the maximum. I think I'll play 20 players SNGs for now on a low buy-in just to get used to them :)