SSS - It can't be just bad lucky... need help here!

• phullhand
      phullhand
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

I'm trying to use SSS on my poker learning without success...
      it could be just common errors made by a beginner, but analyzing my last 2 sessions I can't see what I'm doing wrong.

Im sending one session for example, but if you need the other one (-$4.25) I can paste here...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
      --------------
      SESSION 1
      --------------

Tables: 11
      Hours: 01:03
      Hands: 292
      Amount won: -$6.30

Poor hands:

Poker Room skin
      No Limit Holdem Ring game
      Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
      10 players
      Converter

Pre-flop: (10 players) PHullHand is CO with A K
      4 folds, MP2 raises to $0.2, MP3 folds, PHullHand raises to $0.6, 2 folds, BB calls, MP2 raises all-in $2.07, PHullHand calls, BB folds.

Flop: 5 6 7 ($, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $)

Turn: 7 ($0, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $)

River: :10h ($0, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $)

Results:
      Final pot: $0

Poker Room skin
      7 players
      Converter

Pre-flop: (7 players) PHullHand is Button with K K
      2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.2, CO folds, PHullHand raises to $0.6, SB raises to $0.95, BB calls, MP1 calls, PHullHand raises all-in $1.52, SB calls, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: Q 5 5 ($, 3 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: $)
      SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks.

Turn: 4 ($0, 3 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: $)
      SB checks, BB checks, MP1 bets $4, 2 folds.
      Uncalled bets: $4 returned to MP1.

River: 3 ($0, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $)

Results:

Poker Room skin
      10 players
      Converter

Pre-flop: (10 players) PHullHand is MP3 with J J
      5 folds, PHullHand raises to $0.4, CO raises to $1.25, 3 folds, PHullHand raises all-in $1.6, CO calls.

Flop: 8 2 A ($, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $)

Turn: 9 ($0, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $)

River: 3 ($0, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $)

Results:

Poker Room skin
      9 players
      Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) PHullHand is MP2 with Q Q
      UTG calls, 2 folds, PHullHand raises to $0.5, MP3 raises to $2.5, 5 folds, PHullHand calls all-in $1.2.
      Uncalled bets: $0.8 returned to MP3.

Flop: :10s K 5 ($0, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $)

Turn: A ($0, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $)

River: 7 ($0, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $)

Results:

Poker Room skin
      7 players
      Converter

Pre-flop: (7 players) PHullHand is UTG+1 with T T
      UTG folds, PHullHand raises to $0.4, MP1 calls, 4 folds.

Flop: Q 3 5 ($0.95, 2 players)
      PHullHand is all-in $1.75, MP1 calls.

Turn: 8 ($0.95, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $0.95)

River: 3 ($0.95, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $0.95)

Results:
      Final pot: $0.95
  • 10 replies
    • TimothyVdp1
      TimothyVdp1
      Bronze
      4hands =/= sample size :)
      a decent sample size for shortstacking is about 15.000 hands, if you play it (almost)perfect you could achieve a winrate of about 1-2ptBB/100 hands
    • phullhand
      phullhand
      Bronze
      Hi

tnx for your reply...

I got your point, and I agree with you...
      I'm just worried that if I still loose like this I'll not achieve 15.000 hand with my $50 initial bankroll :(
    • Puciek
      Puciek
      Bronze
      You make some mistakes, ie. you played JJ wrong (if u get reraised then simply call with it, it's not stong hand enought to 3bet it).
      And well, earnings from SSS is so marginal that even single mistake may make difference between winning cash and loosing.
    • shloogy
      shloogy
      Bronze
      Puciek what in the world r u talking about callin a reraise?!
      JJ played fine.
      u should really read the articles once more.
    • xxxdannyxxx
      xxxdannyxxx
      Bronze
      i think you played ok.the JJ was played good like that.the only hand you played wrong is the last one TT.TT shouldnt be raised in early position so that was an easy fold preflop.
      these arent enough hands to calculate the winnings and losings.you might be losing because of bad luck.try and do like 5000 hands and see how its going.
      what room are you playing on?if you are on full tilt move up to nl25 you'll lose a lot less in rake
    • Puciek
      Puciek
      Bronze
      Originally posted by shloogy
      Puciek what in the world r u talking about callin a reraise?!
      JJ played fine.
      u should really read the articles once more.
      Hm as i now checked, apparently SSS articles were changed since i read them last time, they dont even link to pdf shc anymore (http://www.pokerstrategy.com/download/nl/ShortstackStrategie/shc_nl.pdf) and that play was wrote in article.
      And well it makes some sense because he will get enought good pot odds to calll that 0.4$ anyway, so calling may save you some money.
    • Velak
      Velak
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Puciek
      Hm as i now checked, apparently SSS articles were changed since i read them last time, they dont even link to pdf shc anymore
      Yes, the articles have been rewritten since I first read them, but the strategies didn't change. The new SHC is easier to read and all the information from a couple of old charts have been condensed into one. However JJ is still a reraise, just as it has always been.

(I still have the old articles archived).
    • xponentx
      xponentx
      Bronze
      Yep JJ has always been a re-raise against 1 raiser.
    • phullhand
      phullhand
      Bronze
      First of all, thank all you guys for your support!!!

Originally posted by xxxdannyxxx
      i think you played ok.the JJ was played good like that.the only hand you played wrong is the last one TT.TT shouldnt be raised in early position so that was an easy fold preflop.
      these arent enough hands to calculate the winnings and losings.you might be losing because of bad luck.try and do like 5000 hands and see how its going.
      what room are you playing on?if you are on full tilt move up to nl25 you'll lose a lot less in rake
      Im playing in Mansion Poker, and I don't think that is a good ideia to move up to NL25 since I don't have bankroll enought to go there... :(

So, since my first $50 bonus deposit I've played 3,163 hands, with -3.52/100BB and a total loss of -$25.70.

Here is my point: of course that on the beginning I used to play worse than now, so I didn't worried so much... but now, analysing my last sessions I can't see my mistakes, but my bankroll still coming down!!

Am I forgeting some detail? like, should I play how many tables at the same time?? (because I fell very comfortable playing 6 tables, but it could not be profitable...) or not play more than 200 hands per session.. i don't know...

Anyway, thank you again for your support!

best regards
    • JonatanW
      JonatanW
      Bronze
      If you feel comfortable playing 6 tables, keep playing six, although for learning purposes its better to play less tables, maybe 4. However if it makes you bored and you make mistakes because of the boredom than 6 is better :) You might just be unlucky. I had a problem in the beginning with completing from SB and also having difficulties laying down weak to medium made hands on free plays (still sometimes have trouble with that :) ). Just keep playing your best and hopefully you won't go bankrupt. Not a lot of players make it from their initial $50 to be successful players. If you go broke you can use TAF program or read tournament articles and try to get a win in a freeroll or something.

Good luck, may the poker gods be with you.