€0.05/€0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      MP3 = (€12.79)
      CO = (€21.65)
      BU = (€10.15)
      SB = (€10.85)
      BB (Hero) = (€10.00)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, K.
      MP3 folds, CO calls €0.10, BU raises to €0.45, SB folds, Hero calls €0.35, CO folds.

Flop: (€1.05) T, 9, 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets €0.55, Hero raises to €1.80, BU calls €1.25.

Turn: (€4.65) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets €2.20, BU raises to €7.90(All-In), Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: €6.85.
  • 4 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Elda,

Preflop: I think our call from the blinds is a bit light considering that we may be playing multiway and OOP. So I would 3-bet or fold here.

Postflop: As played the turn is a fold but I think betting there is pointless. What folds that bet/calls flop?
    • elda420
      elda420
      Bronze
      I'm definitely raising this spot most of the time, but I had been 3-betting really light on this table and didn't want people to start playing back at me.

My reasonning for betting the turn was that I could easily imagine getting called with Tx or an overpair there, and I found out that people at these stakes tend to get money scared pretty fast when I fire again OTT although it's a complete blank.

It could totally be a leak of mine though, as I've been playing like a spewtard lately. I realize I'm repping a very narrow range of hands, and I wouldn't be surprised if villain 3-bet shoved me with JJ-QQ so I'd assume it's just not that profitable of a play on my part..?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by elda420
      I'm definitely raising this spot most of the time, but I had been 3-betting really light on this table and didn't want people to start playing back at me.

My reasonning for betting the turn was that I could easily imagine getting called with Tx or an overpair there, and I found out that people at these stakes tend to get money scared pretty fast when I fire again OTT although it's a complete blank.

It could totally be a leak of mine though, as I've been playing like a spewtard lately. I realize I'm repping a very narrow range of hands, and I wouldn't be surprised if villain 3-bet shoved me with JJ-QQ so I'd assume it's just not that profitable of a play on my part..?
      Look at the size you are betting though. You bet less than half pot.

People don't tend to fold those overpairs or Tx for that amount (on average people call a lot here anyway that's why we can get value from sets/2p in these spots).

Would you fold that turn for such a bet? It just looks like a cheap bluff/semibluff because any value hand would want to bet more for value/protection.
    • elda420
      elda420
      Bronze
      Yeah I agree that the bet amount makes no sense. I would probably bet 66% most of the time, not sure why I didn't this time.