cant choose poker computer

• martinemem
      My goal is to be able to play with a newer software like fx pt4/hem2 since my pt3 dont calculate ev price winnings on BI graph

On 1 side i have a computer costing 57,8 BI

-intel e5700 3ghz dualcore
      -2gb 800mhz ddr2 ram (2BI for 2gb more)
      -western digital sata 3.5 - sata-600 not sure how many rpm this runs, but im guessing this is the most important besides cpu for many tables with new poker software

2. side i have a computer costing 111,54 BI This is the monster that im sure is lasting a long time

-intel i7 3,5ghz quadcore
      -8gb 1600mhz ddr3 ram
      -seagate sata 3,5 - sata-600 (10 BI for tripple space)

So in the end im giving almost double price for a 3,5ghz quadcore instead of a 3,0ghz dualcore.

Anyone having exp with first mentioned pc, if this is capable of playing 9-24 tables with large stats in the new poker software?

Cant really decide, on 1 hand i know the first is slightly worse than the laptop im sitting on now (2,2 ghz quadcore - 5300 rpm hdd)
      But since my laptap cant connect to 2 24'' tft monitors i have to change soon.

And ofc both computer need to add 15BI for win7, since im guessing win8 is sucking too much cpu and hd value out from my pokersoftware. (3rd choice could be to install a ghost winxp pro instead :D (does winxp work with quadcore?))
      And i dont like the win8 platform, since its a pc, and not a tablet/iphone im playing poker on.
  • 4 replies
    • martinemem
      Or would pt4/hem2 run smoothly if i get a extern hd so i can start out with cheapest choice, and add maybe 10-20 bi for a extern fast hdd?
    • doctorkgb
      Up to 24 tables with HEM2 or PT4? Just forget first machine.

i5 (quad core) is fine, no need for i7. i5-3570K or so.
      SSD is sooo important to run smooth that many tables with a HUD. You buy SSD to install Windows and programs, and standard HDD to keep your other stuff. Windows 8 is new Vista, they say :rolleyes: . Win7 64 + a lot if RAM is the way to go.
    • martinemem
      Thank you, the ppl that found out ssd is good for poker is actually clever :D

just talked with my brother, that says SCSI hd is capable of almost same speed as SDD if they run in RAID0, plus you can upgrade to more space and speed.

But again, buying computer for the future is like eating a cheese the same day you bought it.

Thanks for your input, much closer to find a solution now :D

And yes, only difference bw i5 and i7 is i7 has hyper-threading and turbo boost. And not many programs using the full potiential of hyper-threading.

Thank you :D
    • vuciitis
      I would say that 8gb ram is a must, and sdd is very recomended, rest is just your choice. I like using laptop+ mid sized screen, because you got protection from electricity loss to finish your session and if u loose internet connection u can make a hotspot on most smartphones and use it for laptop easy to finish session.