utterly demoralised

• tommygecko
      tommygecko
      Bronze

Wow, I didn't know poker graphs have ranges, support and resistances :rage:

Seriously, I am really really confused now. I'm pretty sure I play well but this swing at micros is killing me right now (never had a losing week in cash games but this could be the first and it's hard to deal with).

It feels like god is unfair to me. I get outdrawn almost always (value betting.. right). And whenever I win a big hand I lose one like almost straight away? This has never happened to me before this week. It's really confusing. And that dip at the end, it's worrying me, maybe that support level will finally be broken. Fuck me.

Should I start playing 3000 hands a day. I can't handle loong BE streaks (no sense of progress)

And I have this mindset of 'I ran bad today, hopefully I play well tml and get a good run of cards'. I thought like this for the past 5-6 days already maybe that's why it's killing me
  • 13 replies
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      If your utterly demoralised after this type of graph then you have some serious mindset issues.
    • doctorkgb
      doctorkgb
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MatejM47
      If your utterly demoralised after this type of graph then you have some serious mindset issues.
      +1
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      5BI in 9k hands? i don't see any problem with that at all! in fact i'd happily swap :)
    • Pkrpains
      Pkrpains
      Bronze
      Personally I get utterly pi$$ed off when people create such threads just to whine about a nice little bad run of 1k hands and show such graphs in general.

Seriously, are you seeking for consolation? Haven't you seen other members' bad run graphs so you could see how absolutely minor your "problems" are?

Oh well, I can help you a little bit by sharing my graph but I am sure there are so many many others with things going way worse for them... This is 18 BI's.

Stop crying and get familiar with poker...
    • mute20
      mute20
      Bronze
      yeah i am down nearly 16 buyins this year.....

• UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Right guys, let's start being helpful now :)

@OP, yes it sucks to be not winning the amount that we are "supposed" to have won. However, until we truly learn about EV and variance I think you should completely remove it from your graph.

Ignorance is bliss.

Also 10k hands is only a drop in the ocean. Keep playing the way you are playing and everything will be OK :)
    • dogma18
      dogma18
      Bronze
      Lol this thread got funny. People complaining about other peoples graphs and they show an 18buyin under ev graph themselves. I would be in heaven if i ran only 18 under ev.

Try being 80 <ev and you'll find out how strong your resolve for poker is. I wont bother posting my graph just get over it guys!
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Well imo the best thing to do is just run good all the time and then you don't have to deal with running bad. Its so easy i really dont know why ppl still insist on running bad and whining about it on the forums.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    • doctorkgb
      doctorkgb
      Bronze
      @MatejM47

Your mindset is superb :D
    • Andyuk18
      Andyuk18
      Bronze
      Anyone been worse than 150BI below EV?
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by tommygecko

Wow, I didn't know poker graphs have ranges, support and resistances :rage:

Seriously, I am really really confused now. I'm pretty sure I play well but this swing at micros is killing me right now (never had a losing week in cash games but this could be the first and it's hard to deal with).

It feels like god is unfair to me. I get outdrawn almost always (value betting.. right). And whenever I win a big hand I lose one like almost straight away? This has never happened to me before this week. It's really confusing. And that dip at the end, it's worrying me, maybe that support level will finally be broken. Fuck me.
      Hi, tommygecko

This answer might seem like trolling, but I assure you, I am serious.

The answer to your problem is:
      Turn off you EV line!

It has no real purpose in analysing your play.
      Your red line is excellent.
      You green line (the only one that matters) is above the 0 line.

If you're playing NL10, then your winrate is about 5BB/100 hands.

There are players who would do almost anything for that.

The EV line is only affected by hands where you are all-in by the river.

Since you are clearly playing well, being a bit below some imaginary value should not really matter.

Best of luck,
      --VS
    • ErikStenqvist
      ErikStenqvist
      Global
      Originally posted by tommygecko
      It feels like god is unfair to me. I get outdrawn almost always (value betting.. right). And whenever I win a big hand I lose one like almost straight away?

This has never happened to me before this week. It's really confusing. And that dip at the end, it's worrying me, maybe that support level will finally be broken. Fuck me.

Should I start playing 3000 hands a day. I can't handle loong BE streaks (no sense of progress)
      Hey! Stumbled across your thread so here are my 2 cents.

Realize that this is what poker is. What separates the great players from the one who struggle is the ability to Embrace the variance and the lack of control. Become comfortable with it and not resist it. Is this hard? Yes. Can you do it right now? Yes.

Start to become appreciative of the fact that you have the opportunity and the chance to play this game for money vs players with less skill than you. Less skill in playing the cards and evaluating their own skill vs yours. The only reason they can believe they are beating the games etc is because the winning players can hide behind the variance.

Start looking for good variance when you play in every single for you can. Preflop, flop, turn and river. When did you run well? Write it down, acknowledge you good luck by saying it out loud.

Will this change the game? No. Will it make it more fair? No. Will you actively be focusing on the positive and therefor taking responibility of this present moment. Yes.

What you start doing that poker will change for you. Take the chance. It is Awesome :)

Cheers!
    • tommygecko
      tommygecko
      Bronze
      It's not really just the EV graph I'm concerned of. Recently I get outdrawn pretty often, perhaps it's affecting my play a little, not sure in a good way or bad way, because nowadays whenever I have TPTK/overpair I don't even feel very confident anymore even vs fish (especially on coordinated boards), so sometimes I miss out on a good value bet or two.