This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl10Sh TT donk?

• RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey guys!

vill: 24/17/1,6 after 1k1 hands
      RFI UTG: 18%
      FT3b: 55%
      Call 3b: 41%
      4b: 5%
      cb: 63%
      f2cb: 47%
      call donk: 43 (7)
      raise donk: 43 (7)
      fold donk: 14 (7)

I have no obvious reads on villain which is just bad I'm sorry. I have one note that he raised my $2 cb to $5,35, I shove pot now is $17 he has $3,5 behind and he folded. Plus I've seen him complete/3b in SB unraised pot. So although his stats look reggy he's not very good.

Pre: I don't really want to 3b because he calls a lot plus he's in UTG so he's got a rather tight range so I would isolate myself vs better hands.

Flop: I decided to donk because he has a low cb %. I don't want him to check back and see a highcard ott. Maybe this thinking is wrong because he doesn't fold a lot either and I'm better off w/ going to SD cheap.

Turn: Not the best card I think I should've c/fed here. He has a lot of Qx hands right?

River: as played easy c/f.

Prima, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (SB): $10.15 (101.5 bb)
      BB: $8.64 (86.4 bb)
      CO: $24.65 (246.5 bb)
      BTN: $23.32 (233.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T T
      CO raises to $0.30, BTN folds, Hero calls $0.25, BB folds

Flop: ($0.70) 6 7 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, CO calls $0.40

Turn: ($1.50) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.90, CO calls $0.90

River: ($3.30) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $2.20, Hero folds

Results:
      $3.30 pot ($0.16 rake)
      Final Board: 6 7 8 Q 9
      Hero mucked T T and lost (-$1.60 net)
      CO mucked and won $3.14 ($1.54 net)

Regards

RasTweet
  • 1 reply
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Interesting hand. What I want to point out at the beginning right away, is that we should consider the notes mainly if they were against us. This said, his complete/3bet from the SB might me reasonable against a specific kind of opponent.

Now to the hand:

Since the guy is on CO, not UTG, we have quite an easy 3bet for value here with our TT.
      Also, he 4bets quite small, so I would expect us to be mostly behind if he 3bets.

Donk stats doesn't tell us much, since we have a small sample on this, but we can say that he is probably not going to fold much. I expect him to raise his good made hands/draws and probably some bluffs, and call with some mediocre made hands plus some overcards with backdoors or something.
      This said, I don't really mind donking here, since there are quite a lot of worse hands to continue, but I am going to make it $0.6.

I do think that there is value in betting the turn against his 8x/7x and hands like AhJx or so, that called because of their backdoor equity.

River completes the straight, but I can hardly imagine him calling down with worse, so giving up looks reasonable to me.

Best,
      Plamen