SB bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60

RIVER ($3.80) 9:club: 7:diamond: 2:club: 5:spade: T:heart:

SB bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60

Hero shows 7:spade: 6:spade:
      (Pre 64%, Flop 62.4%, Turn 69.3%)

SB shows 4:club: 6:club:
      (Pre 36%, Flop 37.6%, Turn 30.7%)

Hero wins $4.75

What if he donks T $1,50? We do have 8s to redraw but all in all our hand is pretty weak so folding would be better.

What about R if he donked the same amount on flop and T and then bet like $2,70? Can we call any other amount than this smallish one? :)
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Yax,

I think that we should raise/fold the turn for thin value/protection given his small bet and look to check back the river.

If he were to bet bigger on the turn I would fold.
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      I think that we should raise/fold the turn for thin value/protection given his small bet and look to check back the river.
      How much is thin value in this spot? $1,85? Or we rather go to $2,20 and c behind R?

I'm not a fan of raising on the T. Our opp seems loose and he will call us with any 9x and maybe even with 7x, which beat us too. So basically we want to get value from FD and some random overcards, maybe GS.

I rather see call T and f R if it comes bad. We didn't invest much in the pot and out hand is very vulnerable.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by yaxkukmian
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      How much is thin value in this spot? $1,85? Or we rather go to $2,20 and c behind R?

I'm not a fan of raising on the T. Our opp seems loose and he will call us with any 9x and maybe even with 7x, which beat us too. So basically we want to get value from FD and some random overcards, maybe GS.

I rather see call T and f R if it comes bad. We didn't invest much in the pot and out hand is very vulnerable.
      Did you look at his bet size at all? He is betting less than 1/4 of the pot. On top of that by calling we let him dictate how money gets in and we let him suck out.

His bet is generally a weaker hand, either draw or pair, or a strong hand trying to induce.

So by raising we get value from his draws and may even get some weaker better pairs to fold and if he 3-bets we can fold.