NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($25.28)
      BB ($35.01)
      UTG ($20)
      UTG+1 ($20.48)
      CO ($17.56)
      BTN ($36.38)

Dealt to Hero K:heart: T:spade:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.50, Hero raises to $1.70, fold, BTN calls $1.20

FLOP ($3.60) K:diamond: J:heart: J:spade:

Hero checks, BTN bets $2, Hero calls $2

TURN ($7.60) K:diamond: J:heart: J:spade: Q:heart:

Hero checks, BTN checks

RIVER ($7.60) K:diamond: J:heart: J:spade: Q:heart: 8:spade:

Hero checks, BTN checks

BTN shows A:heart: Q:club:
      (Pre 63%, Flop 22.5%, Turn 11.4%)

Hero shows K:heart: T:spade:
      (Pre 37%, Flop 77.5%, Turn 88.6%)

Hero wins $7.22

I don't want to flat and play OOP so 3b is ok here I guess.

On this flop I don't bet because I must fold to his r quite often and I'm sure I can get max value on T and/or R. C/c is standard here with planning c/c T also.

T gets c behind and I was thinking of thin vbetting but in the end decided not to. $3,60 would be ok?
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Yax,

Preflop: I recommend to not 3-bet these offsuite broadways preflop in spots where we can expect to get called more often and play OOP.

Postflop: As played, how is it standard to play ck/call on Kxx board? Standard would be to cbet as we do with most of our range. And then possibly check calling turn.

As played, once he checks that turn he almost never has a better hand so we should bet the river for value vs Qx or even some smaller pairs.
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Preflop: I recommend to not 3-bet these offsuite broadways preflop in spots where we can expect to get called more often and play OOP.
      I generally agree. But this guy had a high fold to 3b so I gave it a try. It's not my auto 3b however.

Originally posted by BogdanPSPostflop: As played, how is it standard to play ck/call on Kxx board? Standard would be to cbet as we do with most of our range. And then possibly check calling turn.
      I didn't say it's standard. It's just we can't get any value out of 88-TT. Which we can do on later streets.

Originally posted by BogdanPSAs played, once he checks that turn he almost never has a better hand so we should bet the river for value vs Qx or even some smaller pairs.
      Agree. How much would you bet in this spot. Thinking more about calling range of 99, TT, Qx - lower vbet? Like $3,10? Or just Qx hands with betting $4,90?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      How can we claim villain has a high fold to 3-bet when we have a total of 40 hands on him?

67% is 2 out of 3. We can't really call that a sample at all.

Actually you did say its standard: "C/c is standard here with planning c/c T also." :)

As far as the bet goes I would say we can probably get called between $4 and $4.5
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      How can we claim villain has a high fold to 3-bet when we have a total of 40 hands on him?

67% is 2 out of 3. We can't really call that a sample at all.

Actually you did say its standard: "C/c is standard here with planning c/c T also." :)

As far as the bet goes I would say we can probably get called between $4 and $4.5
      About 3b...ok. I went through many hands while analyzing and I didn't take a closer look before answering you.

Standard in sense of c/c KJJ kind of board not K52 board. So I can see many calls on second flop while on first I don't see many calls with worse hands in 3b pot. I may wrote it awkward but this is what I meant by standard. So that doesn't mean always c/c TP in 3b pots but having in mind his range he's not floating me that wide on this flop.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Given the board is paired worse pairs can still call and so can some broadways like QT or AQ. Without knowing anything about villain I don't really want to give up our initiative.

As far as the 3bet goes I think you need to make sure that you always check that when you play at the tables. You made it sound like you made the 3-bet because he folds a lot but we don't have the sample to support that.