Rake back?

• zachrina
      zachrina
      Bronze
      Hi all,

I don't really know how rake back works, can you help me?

Is it payed as an fpp bonus on sites such as Pstars? And how does it work on other sites? Do you have to sign up for rake back when you sign up to the site?? Can you sign up for RB after you are already a member?

Also I am thinking it would be a good idea to sign up to a site that I can earn Pokerstrategy points to progress up the level here too, any suggestions.

Thanks,
      Zach
  • 5 replies
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Gold
      On various sites this works different, but the concept is the same.

For example on site such as Unibet, once you sign up through PSTRATEGY.com you get 30% rakeback flat. Which means once you generate enough points for at least 1 installment of rakeback you can get it payed every week to your poker account.

PokerStars is a bit different, you generate FPP which can be used to purchase $ Bonuses etc, but unless you are not Supernova, it doesn't really matter much.

It differs per site, and depends what affiliation program you got. But everything is the same, you get rakeback, you need to generate player points by paying rake. I hope I didn't miss much.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey Zach!

Well what Richard said is basically spot on.

Currently I'm playing on Unibet and as on every other room I'm paying rake every hand I'm involved in. At the end of the week I payed x-amount of rake and they pay me back 30% of that amount every monday.

I don't know how it works on each room, but it shouldn't be too hard to find out if you want to know about a room in particular.

If you want to know what room suits you best then I suggest you take a look in this thread.. Just read the first post and reply. The thread is designed to find the best poker room for you.

If you have any further questions don't hesitate to ask!

Regards

RasTweet
    • zachrina
      zachrina
      Bronze
      Thanks guys,

I was just worried that if I signed up to a site then I would not be able to sign up for rakeback after I had already signed up. I say this as I am already a member of numerous sites. So the fpp, ftp bonuses are the rakeback for those sites and others will pay cash each week. okay cheers.

I do understand we pay a rake but was obviously very interested in getting some back! Is this very minimal when only playing NL10? I probably only play around 2000 hands a week tops.

Thanks again,
      Zach
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Originally posted by zachrina
      Thanks guys,

I was just worried that if I signed up to a site then I would not be able to sign up for rakeback after I had already signed up. I say this as I am already a member of numerous sites. So the fpp, ftp bonuses are the rakeback for those sites and others will pay cash each week. okay cheers.

I do understand we pay a rake but was obviously very interested in getting some back! Is this very minimal when only playing NL10? I probably only play around 2000 hands a week tops.

Thanks again,
      Zach
      Nah, rakeback is not minimal at NL10 at all, since they charge a crapload of rake at this level, I think rake is something sick like 7bb/100. So rakeback can get you ~2bb/100 added onto your winrate, pretty useful.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Thank you everyone :)