This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR AK btn against fish

• zachrina
      zachrina
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

Villain is a guy who I look for regularly as he plays 47/32 over a fairly good sample size.
      I elect not to cbet this flop as he calls everything, I presume this is correct against such a player??
      Then feel that a fold is my best line on turn after his bet. I see no need in playing a guessing game here and after all I only have Ace hi.

Okay??

Thanks,
      Zach

Full Tilt, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 7 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $11.86 (118.6 bb)
      MP1: $11.61 (116.1 bb)
      MP2: $6.14 (61.4 bb)
      MP3: $4.25 (42.5 bb)
      CO: $9.02 (90.2 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $11.05 (110.5 bb)
      SB: $11.19 (111.9 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with K A
      3 folds, CO raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $1, 2 folds, CO calls $0.70

Flop: ($2.15) 6 5 9 (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero ???

Turn: ($2.15) T (2 players)
      CO bets $0.90, Hero ???
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Flop: I definitely agree with checking back here, cbet is no good as our fold equity is going to be very low

Turn: We have the option of bluff catching with AK high which is the best non-paired hand. Given how wide we can expect villain to be playing preflop, I think the relative showdown value of AK high is pretty good here. We basically beat all non TX broadways.

The bad part about this exact board is that there are a few bad cards on the River. Q/J are kind of bad as they coordinate the board further and hit broadway hands, pairing cards are always great for bluff catching with Ace high, other coordinating cards like 7/8 are bad as well.

How many % of Rivers can we call? 2/3/4/5/6/9/T/A/K as compared to 7/8/J/Q. I think because we can call on 70% of rivers, I prefer just calling Turn and calling those cards on the River. You can even make an argument for calling 100% of rivers actually if villain is sufficiently aggressive.

Thanks.